News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Am I the only one who LIKES rainy fair weather?

Started by Hercules, April 28, 2011, 02:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hercules

Sunday 5/1 -> forecast is ~70 with 50% shot at showers...and I LIKE IT.
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

replicant

i enjoy a nice rain day every now and then, let's me actually break out my wet weather garb!  ;D

MacKee

It rained closing 2 years ago...running from cover to cover until you hit the pub
The Order of Culloden Moor

Merlin the Elder

I wish it had rained for closing last year. I thought the heat was going to kill us both!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

MacKee

Yep, it was hot as hell closing last year. I drank more water than anything else...imagine that  :D

paul42

eloquentXI

Rainy COOL weather is perfect because then I can wear leather and layers and not die!  :D

Oh yeah, and its good for photography!  ;)
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

J M Gryphon

Private First Class Queens own Highlanders
Wandering Green Wizard of Krunk
Jedi Master

Rani Zemirah

Gotta love the cooler weather for Faire... even if it's both COLD and wet.  Cool and wet is nicer, although I do like being able to wear my cold weather garb, and it's so seldom that I get to show off my cloak that I'm excited when I actually get to wear it through the gates and keep it on all day! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

cowgrrl

I like rainy weather for garb shopping because the crowds are lower.

But I don't like a rainy season because it kills the crowds which spend their money at the Faire.

Merlin the Elder

I realize that I don't go as frequently as many of you, due to the distance from home, but so far, I've never encountered rain at faire. My time is due.

Queen Bonnie

I like rainy weather.I have many happy rainy day faire memories. I like faire in ANY weather!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Bonny Pearl

the rain makes us all look a bit more 'period' lol.  not so perfect hair, splatters of mud here and there :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

*Teach*

That would be the perfect day to wear the kilts... rainy, cold... good Scottish weather!

*and the rum to keep me warm... no prob!*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Hercules on April 28, 2011, 02:41:31 PM
Sunday 5/1 -> forecast is ~70 with 50% shot at showers...and I LIKE IT.
Just saw on tonight's forecast that the high will occur around Midnight Sunday, with temperatures falling to the mid-60s by the end of the day, and 50-60% chance of wet stuff....oh, and I'll be drumming that day  :-\
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

brier patch charlie

Charles Coleman

DonaCatalina

I like misty weather - pouring down rain not so much. Mud makes wallking uphill difficult.

We were at Scarborough some years ago when lightning hit a tree behind the fair. My hair really did stand on end from the ion charge; don't want to repeat that.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

I don't believe I would be up for storms at faire either. I think I've had enough of storms for a while.  Cool with a light mist sounds lovely to me.

MacKee

Try to make it a liitle cooler for us this weekend wizard...I'll owe you one...more  ;) :D ;D