News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

fae makeup?

Started by Shilori, May 09, 2011, 11:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shilori

Hey everyone,
I am a newer fae and I have a question on the makeup. I am a water fae and my garb is blues/turquoise/silvers etc. I really don't want to do blue makeup, but am wondering what other colors I should use? I honestly thought about doing it with browns like I do every other day and maybe a sheer lipgloss, but I am not really sure... any ideas?

LadyFae

Well, what SYLE of makeup are you thinking of doing?  If you are just doing "mundane" makeup then I suppose the colors don't really matter too much.  If you are going to mystify it a bit I would use silvers with touches of blue and turquoise.  Are you thinking full face color?  Hairline color?  Designs?  Adding jewels, fake lashes, glitter?  As with all things fae you can take it to the extreme or keep it pretty tame or find somewhere in between that suits you best.  I, personally, like the look of more fantasy makeup on the fae (not that I always do it for myself, but I do enjoy it!)  There are quite a few YouTube tutorials on fairy makeup and those could help you get some ideas.  =)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Adriana Rose

you tube has some really good tutorials for fae make up

Trillium

many shades of green, silver, sandy brown would all look nice
Got faerie dust?

saphire_glade

I might bring out the silver actually it will be typcial, but it will look great with your silver in your costume.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Shilori

Thank you so much! I have seen some of the tutorials on the fae makeup and now I am starting to decide lol. I am definately thinking about the silvers and may put a bit of blue in there, but not too much. I would do some glitter but I know how hard it is to get out of garb and clothing, and don't want to ruin anyone's stuff >.<! I'll probably do a lot of practicing untill I can figure out exactly what I like :) thank you all for your help!

LadyFae

Feel free to post pictures of your in progress ideas!  We'd LOVE to see them!  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

saphire_glade

Quote from: Shilori on May 14, 2011, 08:58:48 AM
Thank you so much! I have seen some of the tutorials on the fae makeup and now I am starting to decide lol. I am definately thinking about the silvers and may put a bit of blue in there, but not too much. I would do some glitter but I know how hard it is to get out of garb and clothing, and don't want to ruin anyone's stuff >.<! I'll probably do a lot of practicing untill I can figure out exactly what I like :) thank you all for your help!

I personally use quite a bit of glitter for my make up look. I apply it directly to my face. I do get quite a bit of it on my own garb. But then again mine is simple cottons and denom so it all washes out quite nicely. The stuff I put on my face typically stays on my face. So there isn't much transfer between me and the patrons. If there is it is pretty minimal, so I wouldn't worry about any make up glitter transfering over. It is more when you hand it out that you get it on others garb.

But do put up pictures of work in progress!
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Shilori

Thank you so much for the tips! As soon as my paycheck gets a little better I will be getting makeup to practice with. I will also get a pic of the hairdo I am thinking of...and when my costume comes in I will get a pic and post it on here...maybe we can come up with something with those pics LOL

saphire_glade

Oh yeah, let us know :) as we love photos and I will definately try to help.

VogsWoods

I noticed we've got several different kinds of Fae in the Library, but none of them are just called "Faeries" and I was wondering if "Faerie" was a generic term applied to all Fae creatures, or if it's something else. How is the term "Faerie" used in this world? Is it used at all?

Thanks.
????? ????? ?????????????

captmarga

I think that Fae are the magical creatures.  Then there are different types of Fae.  Brownies, faeries (fairies), imps, pixies, nixies... etc etc.  There are also Seelie and Unseelie (the bright and not). 

Marga
aka Ekimu, mama Fey.
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

EmbyrretheFae

Quote from: captmarga on October 12, 2011, 01:51:40 PM
I think that Fae are the magical creatures.  Then there are different types of Fae.  Brownies, faeries (fairies), imps, pixies, nixies... etc etc.  There are also Seelie and Unseelie (the bright and not). 

Marga
aka Ekimu, mama Fey.

Hi momma!

Gonna be out at TRF this weekend, wish you could be there too.

On the makeup front... macline has some really nice shimmering eye shadows that I use for the gold or silver highlights around the eyes.  Plus it stays put all day.
"Because I can" ;)

FaeHollow

SO late to this game but I thought since I just designed my make-up for a water fae that I would share:

cream eyeshadows and a good pair of fishnets!
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

That looks great Fae!  I have been trying to figure out how I will do my make up to go with my new ensemble and will test some things out.  I will post pics if any of it turns out half way decent lol.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88