News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MN R/F invasion

Started by Marietta Graziella, May 17, 2011, 07:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Thought it would be nice to get some chatter going on this board...

I know there are quite a few folks heading to Chippewa Falls on the weekend on June 11/12.  Chime in!

It is Pirate themed weekend and I believe there is a contest for best Jack Sparrow (male or female).  Personally I think limiting your contest to one specific incarnation of pirate is a bad idea but it's not my goat.

At the camp grounds... are there any plans for group dinners?  Pot lucks?  What about discount tickets? Caravans?  Ms. Trish and I will be heading over Friday before noon.

What's the news my friends?
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

LadyFae

June 11 & 12- Giggles and I will be heading that way Sat morning- monster free!!!!!!!  =D
We will be staying at the hotel (Country Inn?) Sat night and heading home sometime Sunday after my foot rub by Merlin at Ladies of the Lake.  =D
As of right now I have no piratical plans- but I have a "Harbor Harlot" gown I could pull out...
I bought fabric today so I may have a new noble's by that time!!!!!!  =D
We may be Fairies on that Sunday, not sure yet.

But anyhoo, I GET A KID FREE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!    ;D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

auntiegiggles

Chippewa will packed that weekend!  So many people coming for the invasion  ;D
Everything goes better with giggles

Marietta Graziella

Hurray to you ladies making the trip without your kidlets in tow!  Marvelous!

Leyla

I'm starting to waffle. I had originally thought I wouldn't be going because a certain young man couldn't make it more than 15 minutes in a car seat without breaking down, however that is no longer an issue. Now I realize I'm also supposed to work that weekend, so I'd need to take vacation leave for 2 nights to even make a day trip.
On the other hand there are going to be so many fabulous people there!
And on the third hand, not sure how the costumes are fitting these days...
Oh decisions, decisions...

***wanders off to email scheduling to see if vacation leave is even a possibility***

Gauwyn of Bracknell

M'Lady and I shall be there (actaully a business trip for my wife in the area).  Most likely will also have the young squire :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Marietta Graziella

Fantastic! 

*sending good vibes for Leyla so she can get the time off*

*clapping clapping clapping*

I know there are still loads more people going on the June 11th weekend.  Where are youuus?

LadyFae

Quote from: Leyla on May 18, 2011, 03:45:38 AM
I'm starting to waffle. I had originally thought I wouldn't be going because a certain young man couldn't make it more than 15 minutes in a car seat without breaking down, however that is no longer an issue. Now I realize I'm also supposed to work that weekend, so I'd need to take vacation leave for 2 nights to even make a day trip.
On the other hand there are going to be so many fabulous people there!
And on the third hand, not sure how the costumes are fitting these days...
Oh decisions, decisions...

***wanders off to email scheduling to see if vacation leave is even a possibility***

Garb, schmarb!  Bring your stash tomorrow, you'll have quite a few helpful helpers to help you figure it all out!  =D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Ms Trish

Oh I'll be there! This will be a fun way to start my vacation season!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Prince Thomas

We will be headed out friday night, and hitting the grounds early saturday for the whole day. Can't wait to meet most of you!! We will be struttin our stuff with our R/F pins on!!
Feared Pirate-Capt. Oliver "Clothesoff" McGillicuddy
Romantic Musketeer-Pascal Lemaire
Handsome Royalty-Prince Thomas

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Who all is going to tour Leinies on Friday - they owe me at least a few free beers  :P
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Marietta Graziella

Hmmm... brewery tour... 

Let's see...who could possibly drive after touring a free samples brewery?  Oh I know!  Someone who doesn't drink beer.  But where would one find such a person?  If only I knew of someone... ;)

Hmmm...

Ms Trish

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on May 18, 2011, 09:01:39 PM
Hmmm... brewery tour... 

Let's see...who could possibly drive after touring a free samples brewery?  Oh I know!  Someone who doesn't drink beer.  But where would one find such a person?  If only I knew of someone... ;)

Hmmm...

Beer? Someone say free beer? MMMM I LOVE FREE BEER. *gag* Yeah, I'll drive if we go.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on May 18, 2011, 09:01:39 PM
Hmmm... brewery tour... 

Hmmm...

I won't even call 'shotgun' :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Jon Hanslow

I'll be out on the 11/12th as well, with my lady and a few friends. Cannot wait to see everyone again. Lets get this season started right, eh? :)
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"