News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Helpful Tips for Attending TRF

Started by cincivulcan, May 19, 2011, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravic

Quote from: dbaldock on May 24, 2011, 01:27:27 AM
The Giant German Burger is really good and filling, and could be shared by 2 people if you also get an appetizer or dessert.

There are also Sweet Potato Curly Fries in the French area.  Mmmm...

Someone mentioned last season that there's a booth somewhere that has baked Sweet Potatoes.  I looked for it, but didn't find it.

Baked Sweet Potatos (& regular ones) are in the last group of food booths before you get to the Globe Theatre. Usually a line at lunch time.

Rani Zemirah

Oh!  The regular loaded baked potatoes with the beef stew or the roast beef are wonderful!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

ravic

Partial to the BBQ myself.

And for the uninitiated, these are the big meal-in-itself taters & not the smaller side size.

Rani Zemirah

I haven't tried the BBQ, yet... may have to do that this year!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Mouse

I apparently haven't been making my meal rounds...my food experience has been limited to scotch eggs, hamburgers, the polish platter (me and blood sausage have a love/hate relationship),and chicken on a stick..seriously..that's it. Oh and the Sea Devil's fish and chips.
Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie

"MOUSE,n. "Animalistic man-child which strews it's path with fainting woman"....less so these days :)

Rani Zemirah

???  You mean, you haven't tried the pizza slice back in Sherwood Forest?  I don't recall that being mentioned so far here, either, btw... it's tre nommie!  Oh, but the chicken-on-a-stick back there is pretty amazing, also!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Mouse on May 24, 2011, 12:18:46 PM
I apparently haven't been making my meal rounds...my food experience has been limited to scotch eggs, hamburgers, the polish platter (me and blood sausage have a love/hate relationship),and chicken on a stick..seriously..that's it. Oh and the Sea Devil's fish and chips.

Mouse... kielbasa is not blood sausage.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

maeven

The fried mushrooms on a stick are really good-I get them every time I go!
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

ravic

I miss the crawfish sausage they used to have. Claim they can't get it anymore but I have seen it other places.

maeven

It goes without saying that you gotta have a turkey leg. They're tasty. Some other good stuff is the empanadas and the gyros, but I think that was already mentioned.

ravic

Yes, the turkey legs are very good. I just burned out on them about 1985.

maeven

I try not to have them all the time that way I don't get burned out by them. I usually get one if the mood strikes. However, the empanadas and the fried mushrooms are definitely a go-to for me.

KeeperoftheBar

Ahh, but you forget that Ravic is there everyday, all day.
Talk about dedication.  If I had to stay as close as he is to the Prince of Wales, StudMuffin would have to carry me home.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

maeven

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on May 25, 2011, 12:26:42 PM
Ahh, but you forget that Ravic is there everyday, all day.
Talk about dedication.  If I had to stay as close as he is to the Prince of Wales, StudMuffin would have to carry me home.

See? I did not know that. I would be burned out on them too, if that was the case! :)

Rani Zemirah

Ahhh, but Ravic's rosy-cheeked smile doesn't let on as to whether or not he's actually given in to the temptation to sample the wares of the POW, or not... but perhaps he's managed to build up a tolerance to the temptation itself, over the years!  ;)  :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede