News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I was curious...

Started by CelticOne, June 02, 2008, 10:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CelticOne

If anyone here would be interested in checking out the new exhibit at the Minnesota Zoo after it opens on June 7th, maybe we could do a picnic lunch thing while out there perhaps? I know its not fest related but it still might be fun, and relatively cheap if you happen to be on a tight budget.

Just a thought.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

Ren Jen

Hmm maybe so but I would have kids with me.  Have to check on a grad party date first.

Baron Doune

You talking about the bears?

The contractors are getter a bit nervous btw.  Bears and all.

I'd be up for it.

ok loaded question...when?

CelticOne

Ren Jen I have no problem with your kids coming the more the merrier I say.

Baron I was thinking a Saturday in June either the 14th, 21st or 28th just to give the crowds a bit of a chance to thin out as I can guess that the opening weekend will be busy. Plus it might stand a decent chance for it to be half-way warm too(57 sucks in June thank you).

Rage

LD & I are out. We have plans every weekend in June. Twig, Starwars, WIRF, Bristol....oh my poor wallet...lol...  ;D

Ren Jen

21 is the only weekend.  14th I think we are going to twig and the other one my mom is hosting 'a gathering.'  She might be kind of ticked if we don't make it.

CelticOne

The 21st is good for me I'll mention it to my husband and see if he can get it off too, I think he'd have fun.

Baron Doune

Dates are really getting hard to pick now...

Going to have to look at the daytimer.

Ren Jen

I got this date in my date book. I'm all for a picnic. 

CelticOne

Ren Jen, check your renmail.

I am thinking a fairly early meeting time, maybe like 10am in case its a little on the warm side, so we don't all roast too badly(I hope).

About the picnic thingy do we all want to bring something for ourselves/respective family memnbers or do a potluck kinda deal?

Ren Jen

Got it.  What ever works.  I only have Matt and Lauren and they are the kind of kids that are turned on by PB and J or just PB.    10 sounds good and easy.

CelticOne

10 it is then, I'll have little one with me so she can see the new puppies(if it isn't a kitty its a puppy), and its still up in the air on if my husband will be with. 

Any particular place you wish to meet? I'd say Discovery Bay but that'll probably be pretty busy I would guess.