News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Wedding

Started by Element of Air, June 15, 2008, 02:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Element of Air

Last night I attended the wedding of Doug and Kat Block at the TRF fair site. (Owners of Mystic Cloaks) It was a wonderful wedding with candles and beautiful music and a very amusing yet romantic ceremony. It was a small close wedding with maybe 80 - 100 family and friends.

It took place in front of the Jousting Arena on the slight hill leading up to it where the parade marches through by the tavern. The reception was just down the way right in front of their marvelous new shop by the gardens. It was very magical even more so because it took place in the setting sun with the light filtering through the trees. There was dancing and cutting of about 8 different cakes with a broad sword! As well as using the sword to serve the cake. It was wonderful. The food was amazing and nothing seemed out of place.

It was very flattering to be invited to attend and I wish them all the happiness in the world. They are my dear friends and I hope that they have a wonderful honeymoon.

While I was there I did see some changes in the fairgrounds. I saw that the Shop of Mystic Cloaks has been rebuilt into a new beautiful building.

The little stage where the Human statue sits over by the Greek gardens is now a Castle Tower rock climbing wall.

The Greek gardens have beautiful iron work gates around the back of it by the stage.

The Tropical looking statue garden behind the church and next to the rose garden in now painted BRIGHT blue.

Some shop buildings are no longer there and have left holes between shops.

There is a new structure being placed right by the jousting arena on the south side in front of the swings and behind the game where you balance on the log and try to hit your opponent of with pillows.

Due to the fact that I was no where else on site but by the arena and the gardens I am not sure of any other changes.
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Just Randall

Actually that was the 2nd wedding of the day, as mine was at 3:00 o'clock at the Odeon stage, with the reception being at the Feast hall.

The new structure to the right of the joust field isn't new, it's the Kettle Krack booth just building a real structure instead of a tent.

The (greek) gardens are actually the basillica wedding venue.
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

jamvidman

RenRobin

Loki-terr (in training)

Thomas Eagle

CONGRATS CAPT........ WELL DONE!
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

John

My congratulations as well Captain.

DeadBishop

R/F.com member since 2003

Sir Martin

Congratulations to thee, Captain Fletcher!

Just Randall

Oh, and I should probably mention that my lovely bride is carrying the next generation of the guard...
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

jamvidman

? you know what causes that??
Congrats, again!

Thomas Eagle

Quote from: captfletcher on June 21, 2008, 08:40:23 PM
Oh, and I should probably mention that my lovely bride is carrying the next generation of the guard...

That is awesome, gratz again Capt.
Honorary Member of the B.S. Crew
Teller of "Memorable" Stories  "Ding" & "D/A"
Part-time Camp Organizer

Lady Laura

Oy!  Another good one gets away!  In all seriousness, congratulations to you and your lovely wife!
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester