News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

History Channel Full Metal Jousting

Started by The Rabbi, June 27, 2011, 06:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rabbi

www.pilgrimfilms.tv/casting/jousting/  I was contacted by the casting producer of pilgrim films today and after having checked out the info thought it might be worth passing on. For those of you who are interested I wish you all the best of luck and hope this proves to be benificial to you.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

amy

Well as for me I liked it.   I like that there is a nice sized purse on the line too.  Really makes it worth it for the men!

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

BLAKDUKE

It was very entertaining.  It did not all center on 1 person as in the Nat Geo Version.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Toki and I loved it. Finally a sport I can dig my teeth into and it makes pro football look like pansies for pennies of what those thugs make.

Go team Black!
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Captain Teague

/Devil's Advocate on

It just annoys me no end however when promoters in things like this ( or any other venue for that matter ) Diss where they came from. In this case, Ren Faires.
IMO, you should never disrespect where you came from and always remember your roots. Same general thoughts that Charlie from Knights of Mayhem talked smack about. And they are good friends, go figure.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2012/01/full_metal_jousting_history.php
The Code is the Law...

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Captain Teague

I do pride myself on keeping an open mind. And thus I have watched the first two episodes. I was thoroughly pleased to see it handled in such a professional and respectful way. I plan on watching the rest as well.

*Side Note*
The Pensacola Faire I was at this weekend had advertised that they had two of the cast from this show this weekend. Being I was working it, I had no time to see where they were or if they were performing or just appearing, there was definitely some jousting going on all weekend. Today I saw an ambulance parked near the jousting field and later commented on that. I was told on of the Knights had a lance splinter and go into his leg. Regardless of who it was, I ask for some good thoughts to go to the injured Knight.
The Code is the Law...

NoBill Lurker

I like this show because they're keeping the drama in the back ground and concentrating on the jousting!
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Captain Teague

Quote from: NoBill Lurker on March 04, 2012, 10:17:38 PM
I like this show because they're keeping the drama in the back ground and concentrating on the jousting!

AMEN. No WWF, either.  ;D
The Code is the Law...

LadyAsh

I enjoy this show very much! I am glad there is something on jousting on tv. :P
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

markste