News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirate Days in the Colony, Texas

Started by Blackbead, June 16, 2008, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowgrrl

1 more question:  Anyone know the hours?  Poking around on the web-site doesn't seem to provide much information.

Blackbead

Ahoy, Cowgrrl!

My vendor agreement shows that we are to be set up between 10 AM and 10 PM on Saturday and 10 AM and 6 PM on Sunday.  Hope that helps!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

eloquentXI

Stopped over at the pirate festival for a few hours yesterday morning with Ottheinrich and Almare, and had a very nice time. It quaint but nice, as stopped and chatted with Blackbead (It was so wonderful to meet you) at his booth and ran into Ronald the Bald! Saw a few other regulars from Scarborough, including Cut,Thrust, and Run. All and all, it was a nice way to spend a Sunday morning. Give it a year or two, and this could grow into something impressive. Cause c'mon, who doesn't like pirates?  :P
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Almare

I agree with eloquent.  Awesome picture Ronald :)

Al-Nimer

Cowgrrl & I really wanted to go to this, mainly to see CT&R, but we had other things come up and it didn't work out  :(
Sounds like it was a good time.  Hopefully they'll have it again next year and we'll be able to go.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Lady Kett

Is anyone planning on going to the gig this coming Saturday (9-19-09) for Talk Like A Pirate Day? Would love an excuse to go AAAARRRR so close to home and visit with some of you!

Link so you don't have to go back to the beginning: http://piratedays.org/1.html

Blackbead

I can't!   :-[  I'll be in me pirate fort down at Middlefaire instead!!  ;D

Come by and ask me to recite me latest poem and ye can get 15% off any one item!!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Lady Kett

I'm hunting YOU down Blackbead on the last weekend of Middlefaire! See you then!

Blackbead

Go'bless ye, ma'am!  {sniff} This here old seadog can use all the ducats he can get in his older years.  {feigned tears}  Me old legs don't work like they use to!

Harf a keg o' rum and they fall right out from under me!  :D  :D  :D

See ye in the Middle, m'Lady!

Blackbead

DonaCatalina

The schedule of events is a little confusing on their website.

What are the hours?
What can we expect to see on Saturday?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Blackbead

Greetings, felicitations, and buenos dias, Mi Senora Dona Catalina!

The FA@ page shows that the faire will be open from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Saturday and 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Sunday - see http://www.piratedays.org/1.3.html.  As far as the schedule, there are activities that run all during that time to include music, vendors, and reenactors.  I don't have a better schedule and I don't think they've put out anything . . . do you think that's a ploy to get you there all day??

Blackbead

tiberiusflynn

I'm very interestd in this, hopefully I can make it in 2010....I suppose Scarborough and maybe Pirate Con 2010 will have to do till then...

Ken

Hmmm...this bears looking into for 2010!  And it's practically in my back yard!  How is it that I haven't heard about it before now, I wonder....

~Ken
"Mom, Dad...I'm Gaelic."
As never seen in Renaissance Magazine.

DonaCatalina

be prepared for a hefty parking fee for limited parking.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess