News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CHESS UPDATE / Called Robin Hood Tournament

Started by kcdcchef, July 08, 2011, 02:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

Okay, it's on the KCRF Facebook page, they are re-tooling chess and calling it a "Robin Hood Tournament" to fit this year's scenario. So, I am still trying to figure out if that is the same thing as "the brawl" Devin keeps talking about. So as soon as I see info I will cross-post it here. I did go ahead and ask tonite is the brawl and this new Robin Hood tournament the same thing. HOPING, no, so there can be two new things to check out.

Craigmeister

Most excellent!  I hope to be able to make it to the faire this year & hope it will be cool enough to dress in my Robin Hood garb.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

TKM

So, are any of the same performers from the Robin Hood show they used to do in the pirates area in previous years going to be involved? Or is that something you have no way of knowing?

kcdcchef

from what they are saying, it is a retool of chess. so chess-like is what i am understanding. i do miss the robin hood swill pond show, it was always HILARIOUS!!!