News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ironclad

Started by SleepyArcher, July 11, 2011, 12:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

Here I have been waiting for this to hit the theater but on Netflix it shows us available as of 7/26/11 only on DVD or blue ray so I guess it's not coming out in theaters?
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

This would appear to be the case for the majority of the USA. There was supposed to be a limited release in certain theaters. Most of us have already peordered our DVDs through AMAZON.

Sir William Marcus

I had the privilege of viewing it last night and can honestly say, its without a doubt the best medieval flick I've seen since the release of KoH in 2005.   
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

How does it stack up with Arn?

Sir William Marcus

Both good movies almost a draw. Ironclad lacks the romance (there is a little) and is by far more graphic.  So, Ironclad gets higher ratings on the man scale.  ;) ;D
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lady Christina de Pond

may not watch ironclad then i love the love story behind arn
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on July 12, 2011, 12:56:46 PM
Ironclad gets higher ratings on the man scale.  ;) ;D

Yeah! Always good to see the man scale broken out to rate movies. Last one I had to use it with was "The Eagle".

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Man_scale

Captain Teague

Saw it last night, was pleased.
There's another thread about this in the movie section here where I did a humble review of it.

It is also available on demand from DirectTV for 6 bucks, which I did.  ;D It will likely find its way into my DVD collection. ;)
The Code is the Law...

Lord Clisto of York

Yes!!! And today is the day i will be watching it.  MWHAAAA!! FINALLY.. Still cant wait to get it in the mail though. Pre-ordered it from Amazon as did many other of my brother knights.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Thread Post Disclaimer- the following is a matter of personal opinion and doesn't reflect the beliefs of the rest of the thread members. Interested parties are invited to view the subject matter themselves and form their own opinions. Deus vult!

I saw the movie a few nights back. I must say, after waiting 3 years for its release I was disappointed. Bottom line is that this is "historical fiction: with a 300 mentality for delivery. :'(

I watched for the pure escapist release it provided versus reality TV and whatever else gets put on the air. I guess I now wait for the release of Camelot and Game of Thrones on DVD.
:-\

Lord Clisto of York

And see now brother, I found it to be one of the best ones I have ever seen since Arn and KOH. I was sooo fixated on it. And yes, it is VERY graphic. But hey, it is the middle ages. It was one that kept you interested for sure. I will try and post more of a review when I get the DVD and watch it again. I was surly not disappointed.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

SleepyArcher

NOW I can't wait to see it.

the only movie I loaded on my iphone os KOH..
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.