News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Start of Faire

Started by BubbleWright, August 03, 2011, 07:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

Only 10 days until the Gate swings open for the Season. Are you ready for some RenFaire???
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Rogue Hidesmith

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm excited to go and check out all the new changes this season. Plus I'm broke this season so I can spend all my time watching the shows instead of shopping ^_^
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Alisoun

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." --William James

McGuinness

10 days....for you. For those of us on the inside, they open tomorrow! Tomorrow is Summer Youth Day, a kid's day for summer camps and the like, and a sort of dress rehearsal for the cast and staff before we open to the public on August 13th. This time tomorrow, we will be towards the end of the Human Chess Match, I believe.  8)

Its going to be a good season. See you all soon!

kcdcchef

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on August 03, 2011, 11:58:25 AM
10 days....for you. For those of us on the inside, they open tomorrow! Tomorrow is Summer Youth Day, a kid's day for summer camps and the like, and a sort of dress rehearsal for the cast and staff before we open to the public on August 13th. This time tomorrow, we will be towards the end of the Human Chess Match, I believe.  8)

Its going to be a good season. See you all soon!

Good luck Dobbs! Have a BALL!! I will for sure say hey when I come through, will probably be closing Sunday.

BubbleWright

Huzzah! The Faire opened today with a cloudy, then overcast sky. Although the weather forecast called for rain by late evening, a shower rolled through at 11:30 AM. It cleared but still remained overcast. Just after 4 PM the skies opened up raining cats and dogs and a few horses and cows. What a deluge! When a couple of lightning bolts crossed the ether, I decided to leave. I don't know if they closed the Faire or not. Going south on Route 72 it rained so hard traffic was slowed to 30 MPH. I didn't see any shows but met with all my Faire Family Friends and a number of Cast. All in all, a rainy day at Faire is still better than a sunny day at work. 11 more weeks to go!  ;D ;D ;D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Rogue Hidesmith

Felix, you are the eternal optimist :D I'll be seeing you guys in a few weeks!
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

BubbleWright

RH- I forgot to mention I gave out 300 caramel sour apple lollipops to friends and cast. Told them they were so evilly good, they would have to see their priest and confess. I told Looney Lucy something else but I can't repeat that here. Ask me when you see me....  ::) :o ::)
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Rogue Hidesmith

Quote from: BubbleWright on August 13, 2011, 08:45:30 PM
I told Looney Lucy something else but I can't repeat that here. Ask me when you see me....  ::) :o ::)

Ha!  ;D
IBRSC #1603

McGuinness

Faire was closed early yesterday (about 4:30ish I believe) AND today (around 1:00). Several hours of torrential downpours and lots of flooding on the grounds. Hopefully it drains out and the rains stays away for next weekend!

Alaric

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on August 14, 2011, 01:25:31 PM
Faire was closed early yesterday (about 4:30ish I believe) AND today (around 1:00). Several hours of torrential downpours and lots of flooding on the grounds. Hopefully it drains out and the rains stays away for next weekend!

They have some flooding pics on their facebook page. you ahould see the jousting field - I think the knights are going to need periscopes   :(

Rogue Hidesmith

I saw pictures they had posted on their FB page and the damage done by the storms was impressive :o
IBRSC #1603

BubbleWright

Yesterday was a perfect day at Faire. Today's forecast-"Isolated thunderstorms during the morning becoming more widespread and strong this afternoon. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High 83F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%."

Not Again!!!??? >:( >:( >:(
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Rogue Hidesmith

At least you got one good day in :)
IBRSC #1603

BubbleWright

RH- Yup, did have a great day yesterday ( I only go to Faire on Saturdays). My concern was for the Faire 'cause each time they close early or cancel they take a  goodly financial hit. Too many of those and there won't be a Faire.
   Antoine de St. Exupery