News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown!

Started by Tamtaro, July 14, 2011, 10:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on August 30, 2011, 06:06:43 PM
Quote from: Butch on August 30, 2011, 12:26:55 PM
Opening day is forcasted to be mostly sunny with a high of 87.  Come on out!  We've made the weather nice for you!
Did you see the forecast for MNRF for this weekend (low 70's)
Wow!  I am at the wrong festival!!  Weather.com is now saying 90 for Canterbury on Saturday - blarg :P  Sunday and Monday, though, will be in the upper 70s!  Sweet!  I'll only be there on Saturday though.  Sweat! :D

Aniroaldawen

TWO DAYS AND A HALF HOUR!!!! TWO DAYS AND A HALF HOUR!!!
:::dance dance dance dance dance happydance::::
;D ;D ;D :D :D ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D

kcdcchef

you guys have fun this weekend!!! keep canterbury looking good for me - for my weekend!

Tamtaro

Because of the sweltry weather predicted for Saturday, my group has decided to go on Monday.  That's almost a 20 degree difference!!  I've never been on a Monday before! (have you? is it the same?)  I can't believe it's almost the weekend!!  WHEE!! ;D

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on September 01, 2011, 09:53:07 AM
Because of the sweltry weather predicted for Saturday, my group has decided to go on Monday.  That's almost a 20 degree difference!!  I've never been on a Monday before! (have you? is it the same?)  I can't believe it's almost the weekend!!  WHEE!! ;D

been on Labor Day Monday, it's identical, no different. Usually go Columbus Day Monday, always a different feel. Closes early, acts are more PG-13, not the same.

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on September 01, 2011, 11:36:33 AM
been on Labor Day Monday, it's identical, no different. Usually go Columbus Day Monday, always a different feel. Closes early, acts are more PG-13, not the same.
Thank you for the Monday info!!  I want the nice weather, but I didn't want to sacrifice the experience of a "real" day (as opposed to a fake day?? :D).

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on September 01, 2011, 04:02:56 PM
Quote from: kcdcchef on September 01, 2011, 11:36:33 AM
Thank you for the Monday info!!  I want the nice weather, but I didn't want to sacrifice the experience of a "real" day (as opposed to a fake day?? :D).

you'll be good. Labor Day is like any other day there. and even Columbus Day while marginally different is still pretty close.

Tamtaro

Oh my gosh you guys!!  Tomorrow is the first day of KCRF!!!!  It's here!  It's here!  Our countdown thread is almost done for the start of 2011, but there are still countdowns to big weekends - it seems like a lot of people are attending weekend #4 (sept 24 & 25) & of course the other 3-day weekend #6.  I'm not attending opening day, but will definitely hit Monday and am SOOOOOOOO pee-my-pants excited!!  You ain't cool 'less you pee your pants! (thank you Billy Madison)

Aniroaldawen

TOMORROW!! TOMORROW!! I LOVE YA, TOMORROW!! FAIRE'S ONLY A DAYYY AAAAWWWAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kcdcchef

you guys have a ball tomorrow!

Tamtaro

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on September 02, 2011, 09:09:46 AM
TOMORROW!! TOMORROW!! I LOVE YA, TOMORROW!! FAIRE'S ONLY A DAYYY AAAAWWWAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HAHA - they should call you ANNIEroaldawen! ;D  But I must second the exuberant outburst of joyful singing!!  Yay!  Yay!  Yay!

Aniroaldawen

::JUMPS UP AND DOWN!!:::
The day is FINALLY here!!!
I leave in a few hours for faire!!!!!!!!
The bad thing is, there's a fifty percent chance of nasty wet stuff dropping from clouds this afternoon. But at least the morning should be dry and lovely! And said nasty stuff will cool us all way down!! :-)
HIP, HIP, HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Butch

I will see you there!

Delireus

Have a great time today guys! Do post pics :D
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Butch

Had a great time!  Many new faces.  Crowd was kinda light today, probably because of the heat.  The Robin Hood scenario is interesting, but I feel the opening show is a bit long.  This year there are MANY princesses, all looking for suitors.  Beerside Scoundrels have a new lineup, but didn't get a chance to catch them today.  Saw Ogrot's new show, it's not bad.  Gary Siler is back, same spot, same excellent music.  Didn't see any R/F'ers today, but the season is still young!

Alright, no more KCRF for me until next weekend!  I see the Ladies of the Salty Kiss will be visiting then, and I will be sure to catch them!