News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Trying to win "Renewal of Vows" tickets on WSYR's Bridge Street

Started by Aaroncois, July 15, 2011, 01:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaroncois

I entered a contest to win tickets to the Renewal of Vows event in our own beloved Warwickshire. Well apparently we were one of the winners, but that means we have to appear on the show on Wednesday (11 AM) to play their version of "the newlywed game." If we win THAT we get the tickets. So if you're around Wednesday morning, tune in to check us out!

irish

i watch Bridge Street at 9:00, not at 11:00. anyway, i will wartch and hope u win!! :)
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Aaroncois

Thanks for the support, Irish! That's strange about the time - it's a live show and it's definitely on at 11 AM. What time zone are you in??

irish

Twilight???? lmao!!  :D
maybe it is 11..... ::)
i still will be rooting you on!

**checked tv schedule. said bridge street is on at 10. will be watching!**
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Aaroncois

Quote from: irish on July 16, 2011, 08:17:26 PM
**checked tv schedule. said bridge street is on at 10. will be watching!**

Ha! I just noticed that, too! I was confused, because they told us to arrive at 10:30, which seems sort of late. Must be we're going to be on toward the end of the show. I've been on in the past, and they had everybody arrive pretty early, so that threw me off. But yeah, the show's on at 10 AM. Can't wait - thanks for wishing us luck!

Xantrawler

Hoping you win and get the Sat 1 pm so you can join us. Even if you can't we will join you at yours and applaud your everlasting love to your loved one.

Aaroncois

Quote from: Xantrawler on July 18, 2011, 03:50:06 PM
Hoping you win and get the Sat 1 pm so you can join us. Even if you can't we will join you at yours and applaud your everlasting love to your loved one.

Actually, if the prize specifies that we must go on Saturday, then it's of no use to us. We'll be out of town Saturday. I'm hopeful that we'll be able to go on Sunday. Huzzah to you and your bride, though!

Tygrkat

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! My in-laws e-mailed me about entering as well, but I didn't get it until after it was too late  :-\

~ it sounds like all the contestants will be winners, though: (from the WSYR website)  "The couple with the highest score will win a Renewal of Vows Prize Package!  The couple with the second highest score will a Lovers Picnic Prize Package! The couple with the third highest score will win (2) Tickets to the Faire!"

Have fun  ;D !
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Xantrawler

Well we will still be there Sunday. (Rohan our cat got us tickets for Sunday. She is such a sweet thing.) Let us know what time. See, I'm thinking positive that you will win.

Aaroncois

We won!! We'll be renewing our vows Sunday at 1:30 (or thereabouts - whatever time the ceremony is scheduled for).

"BUT HEY!" I hear you saying, "We watched that whole silly Bridge Street show like you told us and you weren't on it!" I know!! Sorry - apparently they only TAPED this segment today, and it's actually airing on Friday at 10 AM. I was as confused about it as anyone. It's cool, though. Emerys Fleet and one of the Hey Nunnie Nunnie sisters were there adding their witty remarks to the contest. The other couples were really nice, too. Definitely watch on Friday!

Tygrkat

50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

irish

told you it was, Twilight zone......... :P
HAZZZZZZZAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Xantrawler

Congrants. Not from your area, but hay maybe someone can put it on Youtube. See you Sunday. Oh and I think irish says she will buy the first pint. (Runs and hides behind Oz)

irish

ok, i will buy the first pint! now, fight over "it"!
:P
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Aaroncois

Thanks, everybody!

Quote from: Xantrawler on July 20, 2011, 06:33:07 PM
Congrants. Not from your area, but hay maybe someone can put it on Youtube. See you Sunday. Oh and I think irish says she will buy the first pint. (Runs and hides behind Oz)

No worries - they put all their stuff up on their website after it airs! I'll post a link to it at some point.

Xantrawler

irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Aaroncois

Thank ye kindly!

For those who didn't see it and would like to, here's a link to the video on their website:

http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=2688474

Aaroncois

Thanks to everyone for the support! We had an absolutely wonderful time on the show and, even more, at the ceremony yesterday!

I'll be putting a couple of pics up on Facebook if anyone wants to see 'em.