News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

POTC 4.."On Stranger Tides".....

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, December 16, 2010, 11:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egoQRNKeYxw

This looks to be the BEST installment yet to the Pirates of The Caribbean films. Ian McShane, Penelope Cruz, and Geoffrey Rush back as Captain Hector Barbossa.

Looks like I will be busy with Pirate Coat/garb orders, making sail and ready for the voyage May of 2011. I want to make Penelope Cruz's hat! I have the pattern in my stash. I like her garb in the movie.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

ladybootlegger

How exciting! I'm definately ready for a new installment of the series.
I'm the one going to Hell, you were only watching.
~Billy Connolly

Becky10

I was worried when i heard they were going for 4 but after seeing the trailer i was super excited. Personally I thought the last one was terrible and the second one was okay. I am glad they are moving away from Elizabeth and Will and focusing entirely on Jack. ABOUT TIME!

REally hoping Ragette will be in this one, i havent looked to see.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Lady Rebecca

Looks good! I think I'm excited against my will...

KeeperoftheBar

I went to this on Saturday.  Among the biggest wastes of time I ever sat through.  Even in 3-D it was pointless and boring with too many subplots.  A good editor could have easily shortened it by a third without losing anything. I hope they do not come out with a POTC5.

Of course, this is just my humble opinion.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Mairte

I saw it a couple of weeks ago....it wasnt TOO bad but definitely not as good as I expected. :-\

Kruzar

It is somewhat surprising to me that this movie has gotten bad reviews.  I have actually seen the movie in the theatre twice in 3D and on the IMAX.  To me it was not as good as the first, but better than the 2nd and 3rd by far.  I would love if they a Pirates 5, and I would hope they stuck with Jack as really the main player in the movie.  But they also did wrap it up in a way that this could be the last movie as well...
Gentleman Rogue

Jon Hanslow

I thought it was great, I never listen to critics anymore, as they seem to find ways to trash every movie that comes out anyways.
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

LadyAsh

I thought that the movie was good as well. I especially liked how they did the mermaids. :)
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Jon Hanslow on June 15, 2011, 12:47:06 PM
I thought it was great, I never listen to critics anymore, as they seem to find ways to trash every movie that comes out anyways.
Sad, but true. When I go to a movie, it is to be entertained, to immerse myself in a story and forget the things going on around me. If it can do that, make me laugh, make me cry, scare the bejeebies out of me, it's a good movie. I really could give a rat's hiney if the director used too much blue, or someone's accent was from the Bronx instead of Brooklyn, where the story takes place. (Kevin Costner's accent in Robin Hood still pisses me off, however...so lame). There is an intense snobiness among critics, in my humble opinion.

I also do NOT try to compare books to movies and vice versa. They are two distinct media. Sorry...I'm drifting zooming off topic...

I've had fun with all of the POTC so far...I can't imagine not having fun with #4!

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

tiberiusflynn

It was fun, I enjoyed it.

It just seemed to me that Jack has lost his moral delimmas and has become a definite good guy. As well as becoming almost unbeatable in a fight....

the plot smacked of the other three. A magical ship ship (the black pearl, The Flying Dutchman, The Queen Annes Revenge), super evil pirate (Barbossa, Davy Jones, Blackbeard) a moral choice for Jack at the end.

He seemed to have no qualms with this choice, no more worried about him self and I had no thoughts on whos side he was on or what he was up too.

There was no great sword fight at the end, either, which I wanted. Gone are the days of Bob Anderson and his magnificent sword fights. Now, there's so much editing and chopping, I'm never really sure who's fighting or whats really going on.....

All in all, I do hope there's another one as I will always love seeing Jack Sparrow......