News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

to scots on the forum

Started by Seanfromscotland, June 17, 2008, 01:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tami MacLeod

I am a true Scot as well, from the isle of skye.. Last name McLeod.. i am a girl so i use Mc, and not " son of" Mac

Mistress Anne

I also am a true Scot. I was born in Bellshill and lived in Cambuslang and Lenoxtown until my parents immigrated to America in 1958.

Camias

I am also a true Scot...and if I said my surname I'm sure many Scots would be livid. :)

Anyhow, we came from Scotland and traced our roots all the way back to the 1600's before coming to America.  I think those of us here, in America, are very proud of our Scottish ancestry. I know I am. Even if I'm not from a popular clan...

Angus

I am most curious now...

BTW, I'm a McHatton.
Chief cook, and bottle washer...

groomporter

As a member of a Scottish reenactment group I used to joke that you didn't have to be Scottish to be a member, and then I discovered that some of my mother's family, the Kelloggs, were boarder people so I may actually have a few drops of Scottish blood flowing in the veins.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Tami MacLeod

Quote from: Angus on July 02, 2008, 08:01:47 PM
I am most curious now...

BTW, I'm a McHatton.

There a 2 McHatton who married into my clan MacLeod... i was just over at the family castle, and my cousin Huge was showing me some family tree stuff... so Angus you got MacLeods in your family tooooo..

Welcome to the family

Ok so, i am buying a round of drinks for us in here... Take your favorite drink

Slainte
Tami

Camias

Quote from: Angus on July 02, 2008, 08:01:47 PM
I am most curious now...

BTW, I'm a McHatton.

I'm a Campbell.

(Now ya'all hush, I know what you're thinking!)

Lady Renee Buchanan

My kidney donor is a descendant from English and Scottish ancestors.

Since the average kidney weighs 8 oz., I guess I have about 4 oz. of Scottish in me.  ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Queen Bonnie

I am of Scots heritage and proud of it! Clan Innes. Lord A was clan Cummings.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Peddlin

My ancestry has been traced, in a direct line, all the way back to The Royal Stewarts, and Queen Mary. A fact of which I am very proud!
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Julianne

'tis very true that the devotion of our celtic/gaelic heritage transcends generations and miles. 

It is a unique and apparently proud trait of the Celts to wave our banners and colours.

Here, in the U.S. we appreciate and continue the values and customs of those beliefs that came across the waters.

Moran Taing.

groomporter

When my wife and I were active with the Scottish historical reenactment group we got started with at MNRF I always used to joke to potential new members that you didn't actually have to be Scottish to be a member of the group and that I was a Norwegian/Knutson. Then, at some event there was a booth that had computers to look up your family and  I discovered that some of the Kellogs (my mother's side of the family, distant shirt-tails of the cereal family) were boarder people so I might actually have some Scottish blood.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

brier patch charlie

Well, as for me, my Grandmum was a Robertson and I'm a proud member of Clan Donnachaidh
                        " Virtutis-Gloria-Merces"  Glory is the reward for valour
Charles Coleman

MacLaren

Born in Houston, but I'm McPhate, Clan MacLaren.

I've traced(with a LOT of help) my name back to the 1530's. It's shown up in quite a few variations over the years, but means son of Patrick.

Dan
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

CahirDochartaigh

I've got quite a smattering of celtic blood swimming around in my veins:

Doherty(my surname)
Monroe
Mackenzie
McNamara
McGannon
McCulloch
Boone
McKernan
Vivian (cornish)

Both sides of my family originally hail from Appalachia - the Celtic Diaspora's home-away-from-home...

I HIGHLY recommend a book to EVERYONE posting here entitled "Born Fighting - how the scots-irish shaped america" By James Webb. And though It may not apply to everyone's individual lineage, it's a wonderful read.

From Amazon.com:

In his first work of nonfiction, bestselling novelist James Webb tells the epic story of the Scots-Irish, a people whose lives and worldview were dictated by resistance, conflict, and struggle, and who, in turn, profoundly influenced the social, political, and cultural landscape of America from its beginnings through the present day.

Ar n Duthcas!