News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weather

Started by Sorcha, August 10, 2011, 10:40:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

I honestly LOVE this cooler weather! It opens up a lot more garb options for me. Cloaks, Great Coats and leather jerkins are in play! I really love being able to wear my cold weather garb a lot more then I do my warm weather garb! Also, light rain/drizzle does not bother me. I have garb for that too. That kind of weather means light crowds! I heard attendance was over 27,000 this past Saturday. Crowds like that sux. Long lines for food and drink, and clogged lanes! In my opinion. I'd rather deal with a little rain/drizzle, then with large crowds. Nothing drives me out of fest early like large crowds and/or hot weather.....

kcdcchef

if I were a performer, I could not see how one could like any weather that was hot or humid. Almost any kind of garb seems difficult to wear when over 80F.

saphire_glade

*raises hand* I liked hot weather. A nice cool bath of bubbles everywhere was always more pleasant in 80 than in 60 degrees.

Looks like it might go back to the 80's on Sunday. I for one am going to enjoy that heatwave :)
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

escherblacksmith

Where?  all the weather bits I'm looking at are showing 69 and mostly sunny.
--

saphire_glade

Ahh... it was on Wcco.com... who has gone from 80 for a Sunday high to 74 for a Sunday high *since midnight*. I could hope couldn't I?
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

saphire_glade

I am hoping all the rain/mist stuff knocks down the dust content for everyone the weekend. I know my yard is loving it, though I have enjoyed not having to mow the thing now for a couple weeks :)

Random Girl

Per Accuweather here is the forecast for the next two weekends.

Friday 9/23
Hi 65
Lo 44
Sunny

Saturday 9/24
Hi 67
Lo 48
Sunny to Partly Cloudy

Sunday 9/25
Hi 71
Lo 50
Mostly Sunny and Pleasant

Thursday 9/29
Hi 73
Lo 52
Sunny and Warm

Friday 9/30
Hi 74
Lo 52
Sunny and Warm

Saturday 10/1
Hi 73
Lo 53
Warm with Sunshine

Sunday 10/2
Hi 76
Lo 53
Warm with Abundant Sunshine

Monday 10/3
Hi 74
Lo 51
Brilliant Sunshine and Warm (Perfect for mimosa breakfast and fondle football)
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

MissBubu

Quote from: Random Girl on September 21, 2011, 09:49:22 AM
Monday 10/3
Hi 74
Lo 51
Brilliant Sunshine and Warm (Perfect for mimosa breakfast and fondle football)

Is mimosa breakfast happening this year?

Random Girl

I have absolutely no idea.  One would hope so.  Last year was completely disappointing.

~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

kcdcchef

Muffin

I have to say, we have really lucked out on the weather this season! If memory serves, last year we were freezing to death! I'll take the 60's and 70's any day!!  ;D

Happy 6th weekend kids! We're in the home stretch now!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Talie

I'm glad there's no rain forcast for Saturday.  I haven't seen my Dad in over 10 years and he and his girlfriend are coming in on Friday night and heading to Ren Fest with us on Saturday.  Looking forward to a beautiful day.  Is there anything special happening on Saturday that we'll want to make sure we don't miss?

kcdcchef

Quote from: Muffin on September 22, 2011, 08:48:18 AM
I have to say, we have really lucked out on the weather this season! If memory serves, last year we were freezing to death! I'll take the 60's and 70's any day!!  ;D

i am spending this weekend at the pittsburgh renaissance faire, high of 68 and sunny, and next weekend at the kansas city renaissance festival, and SO FAR, looking perfect that weekend too. bring on the festival weekends!

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: Muffin on September 22, 2011, 08:48:18 AM

Knock on wood, but yeah, the weather has been AMAZING this year!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Random Girl

updated weather per Accuweather

Thursday Sep 29
Some sun; breezy, not as warm 68° Lo 46°

Friday Sep 30
Breezy with plenty of sun 63° Lo 43°

Saturday Oct 1
Mostly sunny and pleasant 66° Lo 49°

Sunday Oct 2
Sunny, breezy and pleasant 71° Lo 52°

Monday Oct 3
A full day of sunshine 72° Lo 53°