News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CREPES!!!!!!!!!!

Started by kcdcchef, August 16, 2011, 09:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

Can anyone else taste the crepes already?????!!!!!!!!!!! HOW BOUT' A TURKEY LEG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tamtaro

HUZZAH!!!!  I was just last night looking at pictures I took of crepes.  Photo paper is not nearly as yummy! :P  What kind do you like kcdcchef?

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on August 16, 2011, 10:10:08 PM
HUZZAH!!!!  I was just last night looking at pictures I took of crepes.  Photo paper is not nearly as yummy! :P  What kind do you like kcdcchef?

I make my own. Ice cream, bananers, strawberries, chocolate, almonds. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Butch

I don't think I've ever had a crepe at faire.  I'm really not into ice cream.

kcdcchef

ahhh, but they are so much more than that Butch. I have had MANY a breakfast crepe in Canterbury, peppers, tomatoes, onions, cheddar, mMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Yes, the non-ice cream ones are great too!!  I'll pass on the turkey leg - too many "things" 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

OK, something else to add to the list!

Aniroaldawen

Ohmygosh, creeeeeeeeeeeeepes!!!!!!!!! I'm SO craving a ham, mushroom and cheese one with black olives!!! NOM!!!! My all-time favorite Canterbury food  ;D

kcdcchef

thats gotta be my canterbury fave. Love the turkey legs, bread bowls, corn fritters, even the kettle corn! tried the cupcakes last year, they were allright, not worth the hype.

Tamtaro

I think besides the ubiquitous turkey leg, the crepe is the only KCRF food I've taken pictures of...so I can covet them all year long!!

kcdcchef

yeah my profile pic used to be me and the wife scarfing one.

Tamtaro

I can practically taste the crepes!  My favorite is the dragon & my sister likes her dragon with fire!  Dragon has peppers and tomatoes & cheese - I can't remember if I add mushrooms or if they're already included.  "Fire" means jalapenos or maybe it means what happens after you eat jalapenos! ;D

kcdcchef

I always hate how frozen the ice cream is in them, that is until about 12 seconds into it when I am loving it!

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on August 27, 2011, 12:59:04 AM
I always hate how frozen the ice cream is in them, that is until about 12 seconds into it when I am loving it!
So true!!  Cube o' ice cream becomes Ye ol' yummy!  It won't take even 12 seconds in Saturday's 90 degrees.  Then again, hot weather will only make me more appreciative of ice cream crepes! :)

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on August 31, 2011, 10:21:45 AM

So true!!  Cube o' ice cream becomes Ye ol' yummy!  It won't take even 12 seconds in Saturday's 90 degrees.  Then again, hot weather will only make me more appreciative of ice cream crepes! :)

I absolutely cannot handle the first few weekends of KCRF, WAYYYYY TOO HOT!!!!!!!!!

Hey fun fact. Did you know squirells can let out a loud screaming noise when they are in trouble? Last season at KCRF we witnessed a squirell stuck on a branch between two trees over one of the lanes. He had no way of completing his journey from one branch to the other, no way to get back, and was just stuck dangling 40 feet or so in the air above the lanes. And many a KCRF patron was gathered below with a tarp to catch him and were shaking the trees trying to get him into the tarp. He kept hanging on making his screaming noise. Finally he fell into the tarp.

Ah, the fun of KCRF! Anyplace else in the KC metro, the squirell woulda been ignored!