News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

One thing after another...

Started by LadyStitch, August 18, 2011, 09:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

I'm asking for a candle to be lit for my mum and dad.  This week has been tough for them. 
I found out on Monday night that my mum had been diagnosed with a bad case of Rickets.  The summer has not been good for her as the AC went out to half her house, and she badly strained her shoulder.  She is also dealing with the emotional issues of becomeing a grandparent. (She doesn't deal with change well, and has mental issues in regards to being 'old' and considered 'low class'.   Due to her Rickets she can NOT be around someone who is pregant, or an infant for 6-8 weeks.  This means even if she wanted to (which I doubt she did anyway) she couldnt' be around when the fuzzlet is born.
Add in that my father already has serious medical issues , which have been made worse due to the heat. He was admitted to the hospital last night with sever chest pains.  He did NOT have a heart attack, but will have shunts put in. He is making himself sicker worrying about me. 
Thankfully I do have a brother that lives with them.  The only problem is that it was recently suspected he may have undiagnosed Asperger syndrome. He doesn't deal with stress and change well. 
So far there has not been a call for me to come home, but at this point I may not be allowed to travel anyway.  Keep a candle going for them as there is nothing I can do for them, but send healing thoughts to them. 
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

LadyStitch

Just heard from my mom. Dad went home this afternoon.  So far he is doing fine. 
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

angusmacinnes

That is good news lass.  Will be keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

DonaCatalina

I am sorry to hear of all this piling on you...keeping you in our thoughts.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

lady M

Lighting a candle for your family. Will keep you all in my prayers.

The Lady Mercedes

I'm sorry to hear it! Hope everything goes better for everyone real soon!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!