News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A benefit for an awesome dude

Started by Random Girl, November 21, 2008, 07:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random Girl

A long time member of Safety Services was diagnosed with an egg sized benign brain tumor.  Today they removed it and have high hopes for a great recovery.

Shawn will be out of work for 6 weeks to 3 months while he recovers plus the cost of the surgery. 

Members of Safety Services are organizing a benefit for him to help recover some of the cost.  The event will be taking place on SATURDAY DECEMBER 13TH!  An exact time (think evening) and location are being negotiated.

We have some entertainment from the fest family and will be having an auction of some type as well.

I am sure that many people here have no idea who I am talking about but know this. 

Shawn is one of the most generous, stand up men I have ever met and he deserves all the help he can get.

Please mark the date on your calendars and help out a great guy and a great cause. 

Thanks!
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Escarlata

Nessa, get him in contact with RESCU Foundation. They have mediators who can help get the costs reduced and/or payment plans set up, etc.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Random Girl

I will provide him with the information, but we are totally still having a massive party
~~Nessa~~

Escarlata

*grinning* oh, absolutely ... First off because he's awesome and you all love him. Second because, while RESCU can possibly help with arrangements, they can't make the medical costs or living expenses go away.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Tarac

Scotch the only way to go

Random Girl

yeah, it was officially cancelled today for reasons I would rather not get into.

However, Shawn is doing remarkably better.  He had his surgery last Friday and may get out of the hospital tomorrow I think.  He is making a crazy awesome recovery and will be back to work sooner than he though barring any unforeseen complications.
~~Nessa~~

DeadBishop

Sorry to hear about the benefit. Good to hear he's doing good though!

R/F.com member since 2003