News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Places to Stay

Started by CNYAlchemist, June 19, 2008, 06:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNYAlchemist

Does anyone have any suggestions of places to kip for the weekend? I don't need anything too fancy!

Specifically, has anyone ever stayed at or visited Chinook Resort and Marina?  I can't wait for faire!

Lady Amy of York

There is  the Best Western Captain's  Quarters  in Oswego, and  also  the  Econo Lodge  Riverfront  in Oswego. Seeing how  i live  about an hour  and  a half  away   I have never stayed at either of them, but  they both got good reviews  in the local travel guides.     They are not cheap  though  !    start room cost i think was around $125.00  per night.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Tygrkat

There is also a Day's Inn in Oswego, and they offer a complimentary breakfast, which looked pretty good {on the website} ;)

I haven't stayed at this location in particular, but have stayed at many other Day's Inn locations across the country on vacations, and they're always clean and fairly reasonably priced.....sorry, I don't know anything about the Chinook Resort & Marina, but it sounds nice.

Good Luck, and here's to seeing you at Sterling this season!  :)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

irish

There is also a place called the "Scottish Inn"...just before the city of Oswego. I have stayed there and it isn't fancy, but comfortable. It is walking distance to some restaraunts. Not sure of the pricing now, but wasn't bad when I stayed there.
I stay at the Ramada, in Geneva at times......family discount. It is good to have a brother who oversees it! ;D That is my splurge weekend!
Fulton has a hotel or two also. Not sure of the names.
:)
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

verymerryseamstress

We go camping on faire weekends instead of hotel-ing it.  There are some great ones all along Lake Ontario, and many offer cabins for super affordable rates if tents aren't your cup o' tea!   ;D
I'm your very merry seamstress.  How may I help you?

CNYAlchemist

We ended up renting a cabin at Anchor Resort and Marina.  I'll be there the second weekend of faire.  If anyone else is staying there, I'm sure my friends and I will have enough wine and smores to go around!

Drake Starsong

Ususually we camp at Fair Haven Beach State Park. Nice and cheap, only about a 10 minute drive froom the Faire ground. Its located in Fair Haven...obviously ^_^
Yo ho Yo ho!

IndeanaSunday

The Days Inn in town is quite terrible. When I worked for Bed Bath & Beyond the inventory crew was lodged there, and out of the 10 or so hotels they stayed at that one was by far the worst. Cracked ceilings, drafts, dirty sheets, the works. The Econolodge has rather mixed reviews, but Captains Quarters is consistently pretty well liked, especially if one is only staying for a day or two. I'd also recommend either of the local B&B's (Serendipity and The Merriam Barrett Guest House), both of which have lovely innkeepers and are located with in 15-20 minutes of the Faire.

Tygrkat

Quote from: IndeanaSunday on June 29, 2008, 12:26:35 AM
The Days Inn in town is quite terrible. When I worked for Bed Bath & Beyond the inventory crew was lodged there, and out of the 10 or so hotels they stayed at that one was by far the worst. Cracked ceilings, drafts, dirty sheets, the works. The Econolodge has rather mixed reviews, but Captains Quarters is consistently pretty well liked, especially if one is only staying for a day or two. I'd also recommend either of the local B&B's (Serendipity and The Merriam Barrett Guest House), both of which have lovely innkeepers and are located with in 15-20 minutes of the Faire.

That's good to know, and now I don't feel so bad about letting the block of rooms I had set aside go  - I reserved some for wedding {I'm getting married at Sterling, for those who don't know} guests that wanted to stay closer to the festival instead of here in town {Syracuse}. If any do decide to stay nearer to Sterling, I'll be sure to reccommend somewhere else!
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.