News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Almost here.

Started by Earl of Bunting, October 03, 2011, 10:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl of Bunting

Does it seem that more are going Sunday? I'll be there this weekend. Does anybody know what the vibe is like? More people go or dress up? Good food? Drink? Thanks!! I'm ready.

Blighted in the eyes of God
Long live the Gobbler

kcdcchef

Earl - I would say the crowd at KC is 50/50, garb versus street clothes.
Food wise, I highly reccomend the crepes, they are home made and EXCELLENT. vegetable and cheese crepe is soo good, although the King ( strawberries, chocolate, almonds ) is bomb too. Turkey legs always seem better in KCRF, i mean, KC is the barbecue capital of the world and all. Corn on the cob is always yummy, nice and fresh. also reccomend corn nuggets, one of my faves.
Drink wise, lots of local and hillbilly beers. Plenty of Miller and Bud, as well as some local lagers. And mead a plenty.

Have fun, enjoy Canterbury!

Butch

This past weekend, it seemed pretty full both days.  Sunday slower getting started; most likely due to church.  There are quite a few garbed people, around 50/50 (like kcdcchef said).  All states of garb too!  Anywhere from just a hat, to full out head-to-toe dress.

Be sure to get a map and show schedule when you get there, so you can kinda plan your day.  This weekend Musical Blades are playing, as well as Jolly Rogers.  Check out the new Beerside Scoundrels show, too.  If you like Garry Siler, he is with a pretty good fiddler and together they are Dubbage.

The theme this year is Robin Hood, and that scenario plays through the day.  See the swill pond show at least once.  Of course, the Washing Well Wenches always put on a good show!  See them if you get a chance.

Finally, if you get a chance early on, I like to see the People's Court with the Lord Mayor.  It is every morning at 1030 at the Merlins Berm stage.  It is always ad-lib, and always different.

Good luck, I hope you have a great time!

Earl of Bunting

Thank you for the great info. Can't wait until the weekend. I do believe it will be a lot of fun!! Sounds like a good crowd

Long live the Gobbler

kcdcchef

Quote from: Earl of Bunting on October 04, 2011, 01:48:01 PM
Thank you for the great info. Can't wait until the weekend. I do believe it will be a lot of fun!! Sounds like a good crowd

Oh, and I highly reccomend seeing "The Full Monty - Who doth proclaim this anyways?" a parody of who's line is it anyways, at Canterbury Public House, awesome. And the pub sing I always highly reccomend, hillarious. The Robin Hood theming is great, the brawl at day's end is funny and action packed.

Also Butch lied to you, there is no Musical Blades are not there this weekend, unless you will be in Wichita.

Butch

Musical Blades not gonna be there?  My mistake, I was going off the week 6 schedule on the performer's website, which has them listed.  It'll probably change when they don't show up!  HA!

I'll have to check out that Full Monty show, had no idea what it was!  Really look forward to it, thanks!

kcdcchef

I just took a shot on it, HIGHLY RECCOMEND. Hillarious!!!! Also the real heros of Canterbury is quite amusing.

Butch

I was wondering about Knight vs Knaves, did you see that?  How was it?

kcdcchef

I did not. I dont think I did anyways, unless it had a different name.