News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Everyone's Favorite Part of the 2011 KCRF Season

Started by kcdcchef, October 16, 2011, 08:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

Sadly, the 2011 Kansas City Renaissance Festival has come and gone already. Seems like just yesterday it was time to start and now Canterbury has already closed it's gates for but yet ANOTHER season. Where did it all go?

Anyways, what did everyone like most about the 2011 Season? Anything stick out in particular? For me, it has to be The Full Monty, Who Doth Proclaim This Anyways? Great show, excellent addition to The Faire. As much as I always miss it when shows I do love there come and go, seeing Mental Pause leave, Limey Birds, Fickle Biches, among so many others, has been hard. But Maestro and the rest of the mgmt team at KCRF always do a top notch job of finding new talent and making it work there. And I think they will continue to.

SO, what else? Anyone else have something in 2011 they loved? I will also through out the theming. In recent years they have removed the theming out there, just kind of having themed weekends. But in 2011, they did return to tehe theming with the Robin Hood. And the entire scenario unfolding throughout the day was pretty awesome. Especially the day's end brawl.

Tamtaro

Where to begin?!  Well the CREPES of course!  HAHA ;D

I am a parade groupie!!  I watch it come down the hill over by the Canterbury Pub and then I run down to the North Bramble to watch it again, laughing & believing myself to be terribly clever for having seen it twice.  Silly, but happy.

Bawdily Harm was a surprise this year.  Last year, it was the show I sat through to get a good seat for Jolly Rogers.  This year, I wanted a good seat for Bawdily Harm!  The sword fighting was really well choregraphed and practiced.  Ole! ;)

I heart jugglers!!  Thank you for the extra acts!  Fearless Jack even gave me some juggling pointers at the "try it" area for The Complete Foole toy shop.  I took a clip of Bob, Jason, Jamison & Jack throwing clubs all together!

This was the first year I knew about the $6 food books being $5 at the front gate.  I bought 3 or 4 of them every weekend.  It took the boo-hoo out of not getting one with my season pass.

The Crossbow Archery is my favorite booth.  I shot there every weekend.  One of these days, I'll put my name on my favorite long bow.

All the wonderful people & beautiful costumes making the experience so rich and magical!  Beautiful grounds & buildings (and flush potties that always had tp) as always. THANK YOU KCRF for another great season!!

Butch

This year, above all else, I enjoyed the People's Court with the Lord Mayor!
Really liked how the Beerside Scoundrels dropped one guy from last year, added two, and now have a barbershop quartet sound; really nice!
Also enjoyed the Foole Monte (thanks KCDCChef!)
As always, really like our FOPs!  Also, always enjoy every part that Wendy Wanda plays (this year it was the Evil Duchess of Kent).  She always makes her part stand out!
Liked Ogrot, but like them anyway.  Wish they had written more audience participation into their skit.

kcdcchef

Is Ogrot new? They tried so darned hard, and have so much to offer. I can remember when the Jolly Rogers were new, and they weren't like they are now! Took a lot of work. Not saying Ogrot will get there, but they might! Hell I can remember the Blades, they were lame at first. Takes time!!