News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A Sad Sunday at Faire

Started by BubbleWright, October 10, 2011, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

Despite the gorgeous weather at Faire on Sunday, it was a somber day on the Shire of Mt. Hope. Lorraine Sullo, who portrayed the Duchess Sussex, passed away in her sleep Saturday night after leaving Faire in the afternoon not feeling well. Her character as the Duchess was delightfully nasty to both Noble and Peasant alike. Besides being a long time acting fixture at Mt. Hope, Lorraine was also a talented artist who was largely responsible for the look of the Faire from signage, building design and coloration, and layout of the walkways. We shall sorely miss Thee Good Lady... may Angels guide Thee to Thy Rest...

Lorraine's Bio on the Blackfryars' Site: http://www.blackfryars.com/castMember.asp?castID=282

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Merlin the Elder

My condolences to all at PaRF, but I hope that I am lucky enough to pass from this plane in a similar manner.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

angusmacinnes

Deeply sorry for your loss at PARF.  I am sure she will be greatly missed. 
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Syrilla

I am sorry for your loss, and my prayers are with you through this time.

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,
and you shall see, that in truth, you are weeping
for that which has been your delight."

Kimberly

McGuinness

"Devastated" doesn't begin to cover the sentiment around the faire over the past several days. She was a friend and idol to many and was one of my biggest mentors over the past couple of seasons. For anyone who may have known Lorraine and wish to pay your respects, there will be a memorial service at 10:30am on Monday, appropriately enough on the fairegrounds.

McGuinness

I just found out that, in lieu of flowers, donations can also be made in Lorraine's name to the American Diabetes Association: 3544 N. Progress Ave., Harrisburg, PA 17110.

BubbleWright

A fitting tribute to the Duchess on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-xBaoc0ugw&feature=share

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

lordwriothsley

Hello friends...For those of you that are still grieving over the passing of Lorraine just recently I have gone and found a few songs that I feel could be of some comfort to you all. As you listen to them imagine that Lorraine is talking to you and hopefully that will be of some comfort to you all that were very close to her. Enjoy....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uojATiggJrQ
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbRCMQ0Pz64
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_R05wnggU
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Amy of York

Unfortunately i have not and  won't be able  to make it to PARF  this year, but i remember Lorraine  from visits  to PARF in the pass  few years.  She  was a great lady and will be misssed. My heart goes out to everyone  at PARF  and  in the  ren faire  community  who knew  her.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling