News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Weather for Closing Weekend

Started by BubbleWright, October 27, 2011, 06:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

not sure what it's doing out east, but here in pittsburgh, 3 hours west, the snow just started in the last hour or two, and isn't accumulating a whole lot. how bout out there in mount hope?

McGuinness

The faire has just made the official announcement that they will also be closed on Sunday as well. We got nailed pretty badly by the storm and the fairegrounds have their share of damage in downed tents, pavilions and trees in addition to several inches of snow. For anyone who has purchased tickets, visit parenfaire.com for information on exchanging these tickets for 2012 tickets.

Lady de la Warr

Thank you Colleen, for letting us know as soon as you found out faire would be closed. I have sent a text message to some of those in Pittsburgh who may not be monitoring the forums so they know not to make the drive out to faire tomorrow.

This is very sad, but totally understandable and I support the decision to close faire due to the dangerous conditions on the grounds. Safety is first and foremost and the management has this in mind when making these decisions. So while we are unhappy about this highly unusual ending to our season, unfortunately it is a necessary evil.

That said I hope everyone is safe and I look forward to seeing everyone next season at the many faires I visit during the year.