News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scrapbooking our Faire Adventures

Started by susannah, June 20, 2008, 11:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blushing

So I'm almost finished with my 2006 faire photos ... I'm just blazing along.  I still need to upload photos of the pages somewhere to share.  =)

I hope everyone else is crafting away ... it's been quiet here!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

sealion

Blushing- If you are looking for a fun and inspiring scrapbooking message board check out ScrapFreak.com
If you just need a photohosting site Photobucket is easy to use.
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

Blushing

Thanks!  ScrapFreak.com looks like fun.  I also post to scrapbook.com.

Mostly it's a matter of time to shoot the pages and upload and crop and downsize ... I promise I'll post the best ones within this thread!

susannah

I have been scrapping...actually just had a crop party on Sunday, but no faire pages.
I got a subscription to scrapbooks, etc magazine for my birthday last month, so I'm full of inspiration...just waiting around for mid-April when I can go to faire!! :)

Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

susannah

My home faire starts this weekend! Stay tuned for some pages!!
That reminds me...I need to shop for some cardstock!!
Susannah

sealion

I still hve a few weeks before I can take any new faire photos to scrap. :sigh:

Blushing

I'm looking forward to taking new faire photos, but I'm STILL two years behind!  I wrapped up my third all-faire album last weekend.  I really need to take photos of the finished pages - sorry!

I will say that I'm addicted to the super-thick embossing glazes: clear (with colored inks, bronze, copper and gold.  I'm used them on some chipboard pieces and they look like metal bits.

Sadly, I've got a month to either figure out why my current camera is acting up, or figure out how to replace it!

sealion

I still don't have any faire pages for this year but here are a few that are garb or SCA related.

susannah

Love the "garb whore" layout...and title, sealion.
What size pictures are those?
I just got my first batch of pics from the printer, so hopefully I can start cropping this weekend...but I have more to order!!
Susannah

sealion

The photos are 3.5" square. The layout is based on sketch #9 found here:
http://www.scrapfreak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=133

LadySeasan

these are awesome. i really need to drag my book out, and use paper stacks i have sitting here!
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

CapnFayeCutler

Now that faire season's in a break for most of us, anyone been working hard on their pages? I just started my faire book! Nowhere near as good as this stuff, but it's my first! :)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

HollyAtFairyEffects

Here are a couple of my pages from TRF 2008.  Haven't started 2009 yet.

susannah

Thought I would revive this topic a bit. Anyone out there documenting "A Week in the Life" along with Ali Edwards? I did this back in 2008 and enjoyed it. Now this year, I have a 4 and a half month old and faire to document!!
You can read more about it here:
http://aliedwards.typepad.com

Susannah

Jessi

I had to comment so I can find this page again later and read everything. I just skimmed the pictures. I love all of it. I love to scrapbook. I have yet to scrap any of my faire pics. I have only been to faire 2 years, so I'm not to far behind.
Jessi

"Normal is not as common as you think."