News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Dispelling more rumors

Started by Lady Gwyndolyn, June 20, 2008, 01:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Gwyndolyn

I guess the best thing to say at this is, if you don't hear it directly from one of the MMRF Partners, it isn't true!  There are those out there that are spreading lies about MMRF and it's partners.  To say the least, don't believe all that you hear.  If you have any questions at all to anything that is being said, feel free to contact them directly through the yahoo group, myspace or the website.  They will be happy to answer any questions that you may have. 

MMRF is not located so far out of town that it can't be found.  You will make one turn off of Main Street in Frankenmuth onto E Genesee Road.  Follow it down about 3 - 4 miles and you will see the Marquee on your left hand side. 

MMRF is happy to announce that Bronners CHRISTmas Wonderland AND the Bavariann Inn Lodge are just 2 of the sponsors that they have!  And there are talks with many more of the businesses in the Frankenmuth area!

MMRF was just in the Frankenmuth parade and had a wonderful time!  There were 51 Rennies that showed up  to walk in the parade and represent MMRF.  They were all treated and welcomed by the crowd and even afterwards were being approached and asked questions about MMRF. 

So, with that being said.  Again I ask that if you ever hear anything being said about MMRF or any of it's partners, don't give it any weight until you hear it directly from them.  All you have to do is ask. They have no reason at all to lie to anyone about how the progress with MMRF is going.  They are going to be listing their merchants and entertainment on the website in the next week or so.  I will make sure to add the list here as well.
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

Anndwalynn

My Lady Gwendolyn,

I am go glad to read missive that all has gone well with your fair thus far.  I am so sorry that I missed this so important parade.  However, was was serving my duties elsewhere during that weekend. 

May you have many more successes to come and I hope to see you very soon!

Eyfeelya Lotts
MRF

Margaret Tudor (Sis to King Henry VIII)
Mid Mich Ren Fest

Queen Anndwalynn Bolyn
Mayfayfaire

Lady Gwyndolyn

You were greatly missed, but we know that you were with us in spirit.  We are so very looking forward to a wonderful faire season, not just for MMRF but for all of the Michigan festivals!!!
Lady Gwyndolyn
Duchess of Kearsley

nliedel

Oh. just GRRRR on people who have nothing better to do than shoot down others. Just grrr on them. I'm looking forward to it. No one can tell me not to wear shinies :) I'm not cast. I can just go and enjoy and let's face it, this is Michigan, everything is in the woods. However, Frankenmuth is not what I would call the Boondocks, or anything. I found the site on Google Maps just fine.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

MidMichiganRenFest

We are so happy that we have the wonderful support of the community and the chamber as well as great supporters and sponsors like the Bavarian Inn Lodge and Bronners.  We are constantly looking for more sponsors and businesses to Advertise with us.

By request, we have extended our deadline for the merchant applications to August 1 (although we will accept them up till the 15th of August without penalties).  So if you or anyone you know may be interrested in being a merchant at MMRF have them go to the website and download an application.  They DO NOT have to have all of the merchant fees at the time they send in their application.  Just a deposit!!!  We completely understand that money is tight right now and are working with a few of our merchants.  So if you have any issues with it, let us know and we will find a way to work with you on it!!!

We are also excited to announce that we are working on a HAUNTED CORN MAZE!!!  We have about 3 acres of corn that we are going to turn into a wonderful maze with twists and turns and who knows what lurking around every corner.  Ticket prices will be determined and announced in the next 2 - 3 weeks so keep a look out for it!!!

We want to take this opportunity to thank all of those that have been so very active in helping us get this off and running.  With out the wonderful support of those people, we would not be where we are and getting ready to have a wonderful first year!!!

Poldugarian Warrior

I was just up at Zehnder's in Frankenmuth for my free birthday meal, and was down in the basement shop buying some beers and mead and spiced wine. And the cashier whom rang me up asked about spiced wine and mead, and I explained that theri styled after renaissance recipes for mulled wine. And upon making that comment/explanation. She went on to ask me if I knew about the renfest that was to begin there in Frankenmuth, and I told her yes, I attend as many renfests as possible per year. And she told me I shoudl checked it out and I told her I would, and ask if she had ever been to the one in Holly and she had, but along time ago. And I told her I bet the one in Frankenmuth will be just as fun or more and that she should attend as well and she said she'd really think about it since it's so close to her home now. She even told me directions to the grounds. And I asked her if she visited renaissancefestival.com and she hadn't, but she seen the signs that were by the grounds and heard the rumors/stories of one being started there. For the most part she seemed enthused. I think once evrythin gets rollin more people will see that the renfest will become a most welcomed part of the Frankenmuth collection of tourist attractions.

uhurainmi

Quote from: nliedel on July 02, 2008, 04:53:44 AM
No one can tell me not to wear shinies :) I'm not cast. I can just go and enjoy

Q: what does that mean, 'SHINIES'?
I am on cast of MMRF, I need to learn all this stuff somewhere, can you help out a poor clueless playtron?

much obliged,

Cindy
Fortunately, ah keep mah feathers numbered...for just such an emergency.

Poldugarian Warrior

Regardless of rumors, I just hope your festival goes off without a hitch. I like doing the orchard stuff in the fall, but it'd be really cool to still attend faire, before the big winter. I keep coming to this thread to make sure you haven't cancelled the opening, and so I can get all the necessary info. in order to attend. Just keep up the good work. The theme is really thought out well, as far as marketing goes. And it'll be a bit cooler in those months so some of us will be able to wear and show off garb we usually wouldn't wear at the Holly site renfest.

nliedel

Shinies are anything found on the ground that's shiny and possibly money, ducets, etc. Some people, csat members, are obsessed with them.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor