News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

3 Muskateers costumes

Started by Rowan MacD, November 17, 2011, 05:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Premier Props is selling off the costumes from the new movie.  Theses are way out of our price range, (Milla Jovovich's Milady De Winter silver court gown is $12,999.99)  but what the hey...

http://www.premiereprops.com/product_info.php?products_id=10157
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Kett

oh wow. what a fun site! Are they legit? Those prices should come with a certified statement that XYZ person sweated in this item, LOL!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

An interesting site indeed!

And I thought I was expensive!!! :D
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Kate XXXXXX

I bet they aren't as well made as your stuff...   ;)  Huge mark-up because of who wore them, I expect.

arbcoind

At least they offer a payment plan!

Gina

Merlin the Elder

Once I sweat in my new Lady Kathleen original, we'll see if I can sell my ensemble for $5,000... I'm thinking....no.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

At least yours is washable, Merlin. ;D
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Rowan MacD

The outfits on this site were made for the individual actors, and are supposed to have certified provenance.   
    Most of the extras and actors in minor roles were clothed by costume and prop rental companies of which there are a few in Hollywood that cater to the studios. Those generic costumes are recycled till they wear out, so you don't usually see those for sale.
    It would make sense for the studios to work with a 'consignment' contractor like this to dispose of one of a kind costumes and props that they can't reuse.  They make some of the $$ back and don't have to pay to store them somewhere.  Recognizable pieces would be hard to sell to the rental companies, but will bring big bucks as a collectable.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt