News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Do the happy dance with me...

Started by eloquentXI, November 22, 2011, 11:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

....we can haz FI-YAAAAAAAH!  :D

Burn ban has been lifted AND from what I'm being told, we can have personal fires in the campgrounds!

*does the happy dance*

**EDIT** Can we have some confirmed clarity on this? Because online it says no personal, only the big bon fire. Where does it say that we can have personal fires? I don't want to quote this wrong and tell many the wrong thing.

From the TRF website- Fires: *CLOSING WEEKEND* The burn ban for Grimes County was lifted on November 22nd, allowing TRF to hold a bonfire in the campgrounds for each night of closing weekend.  Open-flame fires are allowed, however they must be in an ENCLOSED CONTAINER. (i.e. bbq pit, trailer pit, burn barrel, etc.) TRF will NOT ALLOW open-flame fires started from the ground. Propane heating and cooking devices are allowed.Please do not store flammable objects in your camping area. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Duke of Remington

It seems to be speculation at this point. All we have to go off of is that the ban was lifted and Terre posted that he has more info today about this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed!!
Your grace will not surrender to thine enemies.

Glaodian

I heard that you can have personal fires from the chainmaile fashions owner.  Not sure where he is getting it from.
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Duke of Remington

Ill post here as well since I am excited.

New update on TRF website:

Fires: *CLOSING WEEKEND* The burn ban for Grimes County was lifted on November 22nd, allowing TRF to hold a bonfire in the campgrounds for each night of closing weekend.  Open-flame fires are allowed, however they must be in an ENCLOSED CONTAINER. (i.e. bbq pit, trailer pit, burn barrel, etc.) TRF will NOT ALLOW open-flame fires started from the ground. Propane heating and cooking devices are allowed.Please do not store flammable objects in your camping area. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas.
Your grace will not surrender to thine enemies.

eloquentXI

Quote from: Duke of Remington on November 22, 2011, 11:46:27 AM
Ill post here as well since I am excited.

New update on TRF website:

Fires: *CLOSING WEEKEND* The burn ban for Grimes County was lifted on November 22nd, allowing TRF to hold a bonfire in the campgrounds for each night of closing weekend.  Open-flame fires are allowed, however they must be in an ENCLOSED CONTAINER. (i.e. bbq pit, trailer pit, burn barrel, etc.) TRF will NOT ALLOW open-flame fires started from the ground. Propane heating and cooking devices are allowed.Please do not store flammable objects in your camping area. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas.

Thanks so much! I'll add this to the top!

*goes back to doing the happy dance* We can haz fiyah!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Riot

*does the happy dance with Meggers*   This weekend is going to be EPIC!
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Stalkwell

Glad to gear the ban has been lifted.  Also glad I won't be there closing weekend.  This is the first year in about ten that I haven't been sickened by the smoke of badly maintained trash wood fires.  I walked camp the entire season with no ill effects (I can only handle about a half hour of camp crawling otherwise).  Just goes to show that every burn ban cloud has a silver lining  :)
Stalk well...
Enthralled with the Faeriebox...

C Dragonworks

Yeah waiting to get off grounds used to kill my breathing...being allergic and all makes it hard...too much smoke and I can't breath!!! So I simply do not camp or hang out to visit..... NOT worth it!

KiltedPrivateer

Now I have to figure out how to cram the fire pit into the car.  Maybe I can strap it to the top (o:

Crap - Now I have to find fire wood too...
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara