News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Unexpected kilt sighting

Started by DonaCatalina, June 21, 2008, 09:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

We saw a Garry Allan music video and his backup guitarist was wearing a kilt that looked like Dress Stewart.
It was certainly unexpected.

Where have you seen a kilt that you didn't expect?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Element of Air

While watching the DIY network TV show Cool Tools. They were doing a special for some fathers day gift ideas and had the creator of the Utilikilts on the show!

They had people modeling them as well as the Host wearing one! It was beautiful!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

dbaldock

YouTube has the "Cool Tools - Utilikilts" segment online, showing Chris Grundy (show's host) wearing one.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Tipsy Gypsy

Just a little while ago, at a Steak & Grape festival in downtown Bryan Tx. Nicely made modern kilt in weathered hunting colors.
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

beeboy

at a Rancid concert on thursday I saw a punk wearing a kilt

Scotsman

AUSA (Assn of the US Army) Convention 2006 - Washington, DC.

The whole crew from the Camelback company were in Util-Kilts ... wicked Cool!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Nicolette

I knew I was working at the right place for me when our regional head grocery buyer came in wearing a kilt!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Gwen aka Punstergal

The other day, watching "Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares" (or something close to that), Gordon did his thing at a restaurant in Scotland. For opening day, he took the whole kitchen crew and waitstaff and got kilts and kilt socks and for them to wear. The looked quite handsome, especially the witty fellow who put the dessert spoon in his socks where you'd normally have your little knife stashed.
"Hell hath no fury like an enraged Gryphon Master"

CelticOne

I was at the Minnesota Zoo the other day and saw a gentleman with a large orange mohawk sporting what looked to be a Black Watch Tartan kilt, with Sporran.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

DeadBishop

Everywhere I go is an unexpected kilt sighting.... ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

theChuck

every so often i see a bagpiper in the nyc subway system, or in one of the parks around here, and they're wearing some form of kilt/sporran gear.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

beeboy

at a Unitarian Universalist convention, there was a young man wearing a Utilikilt

MacLaren

Robert Irvine on Dinner Impossible at the Maryland RF. They had him put one on for the King's court dinner.
Dan
Clan McLotofus
Captain, HMS Landshark
ROoL #78, guppy
FOKTOP

NoBill Lurker

Well tonight on the Military Channel, they had a show on called "Superweapons of the Ancient World" and one of the build crew had on a Utilikilt, a Workman's model in beige I believe.  ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???