News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Greetings and Salutations!

Started by Otwell Throckmorton, April 18, 2012, 02:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

Quote from: cowgrrl on April 19, 2012, 07:13:54 PM
Welcome to the Dark Side. We have cookies (& rum!!).

As others have said, I wouldn't worry too much about figuring out a character. I don't have a character persona at all. One week it's Steampunk, another it's bellydancer & another time it might be pirate. I'm just me in garb.

Ditto, on all counts. Even the cookies and rum! Our wizards try to be mean and scary and profound, but they are harmless! (Besides their aim with flying newts sucks, so you're safe even if they get angry!) <duck>

I don't really have a faire name either. My handle here is part of my real name and I just accidentally called my husband "my trusty sidekick" one day and it stuck to him.

We won't be there this weekend but hope to meet you soon!

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Otwell Throckmorton on April 19, 2012, 10:01:39 PM
Quote from: DonaCatalina on April 19, 2012, 09:21:48 AM
If you are concerned about having a historically appropriate name for the year 1533, try the Academy of St Gabriel online for name resources.

DonaCatalina - THANK YOU SOOO MUCH for this amazing resource!  We picked the most wonderful names (as you can see by my name change in the profile)

Glad you guys didn't really get to know me all that well yet!

My wife and I are now known as Otwell and Elizabeth Throckmorton!

Good, now you need to show up Saturday....that's tomorrow.... ;)   about 8:30 am to partake of breakfast and beverages with everyone.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Queen Bonnie

More wizards are always welcome. There is never enough magick at faire! POOF!!!!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!