News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A visit from your Northern Cousins

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, January 17, 2012, 11:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

My Lord Toki and I are most assuredly going to make a visit this year. The question is when.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt it will NOT be the weekend of the 18 - 20th as much as this is the day we wanted to go. Other dictate my free time and this day could not be used.

So question. Which weekend would be good. Everyone has their favorite, but which would be the best?

Also does your fair faire allow peace bound weapons? This will help my Lord Toki and possibly myself if the Pirate... err swashbuckler in me comes out.

We are also thinking of the Feast, is it worth it?

Any other things you can suggest to help would be grand as well. Like flask policy/Camera Policy? When to arrive at the faire (takes me about 30 - 45 minutes to get in my dresses)

As my Lord Toki and I love the out doors, can ye suggest places to play when not at faire? As we make our trip to and from our most frozen home in the north?

Places to eat as well as sleep And suggested other things... BTW we LOVE good Mexican food

Thanks in advance
Lady de Laney
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

crazyrennie

Presidents Day weekend is one of the biggest weekends for our fair-
And it depends on how brave you are for the mexican food-
there is a great place in Mesa-but it can be ....hot.
Crazy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: crazyrennie on January 17, 2012, 12:21:06 PM
Presidents Day weekend is one of the biggest weekends for our fair-
Crazy

Crazy

As mentioned it will not be Presidents weekend. My co-worker scheduled that time off before me and in my job both of us cannot be away, so it will be one of the other following weekends. Any suggestions?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Duchess Marguerite

M'Lady DeLaney,

I am so excited that you and Lord Toki will be making the journey to ARF.  You will not be sorry for it is a grand faire.  The playtrons are some of the finest, friendliest and most welcoming anywhere!  Be sure to look for our finely dressed French friends!  They're the ones partying in the parking lot early in the morning and constantly being mistaken as "cast members".  Oh yes, they have wonderful french accents as well!!

Yes, you can bring in peace-tied weapons and cameras are a MUST!!  I would highly recommend the feast.  Both the food and the entertainment are not to be missed.  As for the weekend, we've only gone President's Day weekend (which I understand you can not do).  However, I think any weekend would be great!  Be sure to bring a parasol since the heat can sometimes get quite warm.  Although if you need a new parasol or hat, Dragon Wings is a lovely store that can accommodate the most discriminating shoppers!

Unfortunately, we will not be there this year but I'm sure you'll see familiar faces there, as we always do!  Have fun and safe travels!

Duchess Marguerite

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Duchess Marguerite, thank you very much for the information.

We are thinking either Feb 25 - 26, March 3 - 4 or 10 - 11

Thank you again and if you have more info please let us know, like favorite Inn's to stay at

OH how hot is Hot. Colorado we get 90 - low 100's and can be a killer at times.

"The Metal Maiden"

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We have attended this faire and the feast is well worth it.  Also do not miss their joust, I think it is one of the best ones out there.

I also can attest to the hospitality of the cast, regulars and even the French ( :D). 

If it is hot, it seems really hot as there is not much shade.

Talk to Russ/Sheila or the Baron and Baroness, they have been there on several occasions.

We will miss not going this year  :'(
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Isabella

Go to www.royalfaires.com and then special events for the theme of each weekend. That might help you decide. 
"February 25th & 26th – Pirate Invasion!
Start Practicing Your ARRRGHs!"

The feast is awesome!

Best hotel....Gold Canyon Best Western...less than 10 minutes from site.

Serranos On Power Rd and Southern in Mesa. Great Mexican food. www.serranosaz.com

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Tis looking like my Lord Toki and I will be riding our carriage to your faire lands during the 1st weekend in March.

We are both very much looking forward to the visit with our South Western Cousins
"The Metal Maiden"

Duchess Marguerite

Yes, the Gold Canyon Best Western (which is only 5 minutes from the faire) is where we'd also recommend.  The rooms were clean, the location is convenient and overall, it was a nice little inn.  If they're full, I'd recommend getting on a waiting list if possible.  You can't beat the convenience!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

As the day gets closer, Lord Toki and I are really looking forward to ARF. See yo all on Saturday
"The Metal Maiden"

Amara Deegan

RedHatQueen

Looking forward to meeting this coming weekend.  I will be with the Lovely Amara Deegan
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

RedHatQueen

Lady de Laney and Lord Toki, what a grand pleasure to have met you.  Amara and I looked for you various times throughtout the day but could not meet up with you again.  I hope you had a lovely time at the faire and perhaps we shall all meet again.  I've photos I'd love to send so please send me your email address.
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Amara Deegan

As Red Hat Queen said, it was a pleasure to meet the both of you yesterday and sad that we could not find each other again once we started wandering.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

It was a pleasure meeting both of you. Sorry we missed meeting back up on Saturday, that seems to be how faires are sometimes. Sometimes you see the same people over and over again, and others you never run into again.

We both loved ARF and plan on coming back hopefully next year. The weather was divine, and everything about your faire was grand.

Thanks again
"The Metal Maiden"