News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Door County Renaissance Fantasy Faire, WI

Started by Lord Clisto of York, January 21, 2012, 10:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

Third Annual Door County Renaissance Fantasy Faire, Wi.

When:  Weekends of June 30 - July 1 and July 7 - 8, 2012

Hours: 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Saturdays & 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.Sundays  RAIN or SHINE

Where: Just 1 mile north of Carlsville  between Sturgeon Bay and Egg Harbor at 5226 Monument Point, Road, Egg Harbor, WI  54209.  From Highway 42 turn East on Monument Point Road and go ½ mile to Faire entrance. (follow signs)

http://www.doorcowirenaissance.com/faqs-dates-and-details.html
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

groomporter

Just got an Email invite, but the second weekend conflicts with the big scifi/fantasty convention CONvergence here in the Twin Cities. Any idea what they mean by no "offensive occult items" in the vender rules?
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Lord Clisto of York

Just three more days until the Door County Renaissance Faire opens for this season. It is two weekends of fun, mostly in the woods, with great entertainment including Noble Cause with a full armored joust. And, Three Pints Gone is back for this third year as well with all of their great MUSIC. Hope to see many new faces this season.

Lord Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Here is a list of the entertainment -

Be Ye Royally "Edutained"

Have Court, Will Travel:  Queen Catherine & King Edward with their noble entourage will teach you Peerage, manners, dancing, weaponry and Knight your kids!

Noble Cause Jousters:  Full contact armored jousting, fight choreography, and horse stunts. 3 different shows each day culminating in the Battle to the Death!  Come cheer your champion! Who will walk away?

* Gypsy Geoff, Nutso Fire Juggler:  A hilarious mixture of amazing juggling, fire-eating, and highly interactive entertainment.  Will he balance World's largest gyroscope on his face again this year?

Kaheena and Friends Belly Dance: True Middle  Eastern Belly Dancing also incorporating veils and swords.  Can they teach you to dance?

3 Pints Gone:  Don't miss these high energy Celtic harmonies here & in Sturgeon Bay for a SPECIAL PERFORMANCE at Kitty O'Reilly's on Saturday June 30th from 7 – 10 p.m. – HUZZAH!

Lord Marshall Laww: The man that peasants love.... to hate!
    PEASANT TRIALS :  No crime, no matter how trumped-up, goes unpunished.  Unpleasant peasantry will be tried, convicted and punished.  Wackiness ensues.

****PEASANT AUCTION:  (Adult Humor)  Winsome Wenches and Studly Studs are sold to the highest bidder in this Mock Auction hosted by the silver-tongued Lord Laww.  Tasteful bawdiness abounds!  Be forewarned, the Lord may also sing!

* Dimitri the Mage::  Come  and relive that childhood wonder as you scratch your head and say "How did he do that?"  Dimitri's magic shows will incorporate  humor, live animals and lots of audience participation.  When Dimitri is not on stage, look for him at his castle in the Kid's Discovery Kingdom leading future Faeries in the craft of wand making!

The Baron of Bubbles:  The Baron of Bubbles will thrill young and old alike with his "temporary art that FLOATS!"  His bubbles (sometimes as large as a small dragon) have to be seen to be believed!  Kids can join in the bubble making for a once in a lifetime foamy extravaganza!.  

Sir Lance-A-Lot:  Meet our smallest performer, created especially for the Door County Renaissance Faire.  This walk-around knight and his dark shadow will happily exchange banter with you, blow for blow, coupled with a sense of humor as sharp as his sword.  Beware, he has no qualms about battling unarmed opponents!

Lady Amrynn:  How now goode gentles!  Rest thyself and join Lady Amrynn and her story telling magic from the Middle Ages for wee folk and their elders.  The Faire's official keeper of the timeless tradition of oral history and word crafting will recount family amusements and fables and weave delightful tales of wizards and dragons and the like.

Giffaigh & Mick:  Join these multi-instrumentalists and vocalists in songs , tunes, juggling and games will have you learning the music of the common people  and the middle classes in a fun way that will not soon be forgotten.  

Pass Four:  High energy and lots of fun and audience participation.  Hear action packed tales the whole family will enjoy of Pirates, a Werewolf, Vampires and a very inept Prince Fredrick of Stonehall.

Gryphon Poursuivant (formerly Northern Horde): Family friendly, humorous & educational encampment with demonstrations throughout the day on the making and use of  siege weaponry.

Minstrels and Musicians: Watch for them strolling the lanes or under the shade of a mighty tree playing lively music  to help sooth away life's cares.

*  First weekend only    **   Second Weekend only
***   Tastefully bawdy Adult humor – show not recommended for  youth.  No youth un-accompanied by parent or guardian.

Lord Clisto of York

Hope we have many coming up for the second weekend of the Door County Renaissance Faire this weekend. The weather is suppose to be in the 70's. Should be a great time as always. I am still working on my pictures from last weekend performing. Who is all planning on coming up for it?

Lord Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Just finished my pictures from week one of the Door County Renaissance Faire in beautiful Carlsville, Wisconsin, just South of Egg Harbor. I will be there again this coming weekend July 7th - 8th performing with the Royal Court. To see the pictures from week one, just click on the link below then click on the Door County Faire link.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Lord Clisto, Duke of York

LadyFae

If it wasn't such a long drive with the little ones I'd be there!  =(  Maybe next year...
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Lord Clisto of York

That would be great.  I am working on my week two's pictures now.

Lord Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

I finally finished my pictures from the second and final weekend of the Door County Renaissance Faire in beautiful Carlsville, Wisconsin, just South of Egg Harbor. To see the pictures from both weeks, just click on the link below then click on the Door County Faire link. Then click on the "WEEK 2" link at the bottom of the main page to see all of week two's pictures.

http://www.sirclisto.com/51main.html

Lord Clisto, Duke of York