News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking forward to 2012

Started by amy, January 30, 2012, 10:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Wow, Iain! You look just like your avatar!  :D
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

iain robb

I have got to tell you the real story about my avatar, I guess.

I'm an editor, and we had two young women right out of college interning with us as writers for a summer. Over the course of that summer they went to the France section of Epcot at Disneyworld, which at the time had a lot of artwork relating to Vincent Van Gogh. And they found a Van Gogh plush toy. One ear is even attached with Velcro, so you can take it off if you want.

They bought it and brought to me, smiling and telling me they thought it looked just like me.

I looked at it and said, "He's frowning and looks angry."

"Yes!" they replied with glee.

I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to take that ...

iain robb

Well, we're all packed up and almost ready to leave in the morning for the drive to Georgia.

Saturday I'll be in the Munro black-and-red kilt, and my wife will be in a Scottish dress with a red top and a gray-and-red tartan skirt.

See you soon!

Lairde Guardn

For anyone going to be there for opening weekend, A few members of the Clan M'Crack are hosting a Meet and Greet on Friday nite for all Rogues, Wenches, Pirates, Bards, RFers, RFCers, Otters and whoever else would like to attend and share a few stories and smiles the nite before faire opens.    We will be having this event at the Irish Bred Pub, 1155 Virginia Avenue, Suite A, Hapeville, Georgia 30354, (404) 765-0280 ....Less than 10 miles from the Faire Site (Or so I am told)  http://www.irishbredhapeville.com/  This will be Friday nite 13 April at 7 PM until......
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

fairieimp

I seriously think that I managed to miss seeing everyone but the Admiral, (who I managed to see four times, and sincerely believe was somehow anticipating where I would go next).  :-\
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

amy

Honey!  I was all over the faire both days in a green velvet print... and I swear I never found you once!   I tried truly!   

SirBruce_TheTemplar

Just posted a video of my updated Templar Outfit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLczeiRWs4s&feature=youtu.be

Can't wait to see everybody in GA!

BamaWoodsman

I am extremely late getting to the forum this year for GaRF.  My wife and I will be working at Crimson Chain Leatherworks for the month of May. And then we'll be making a move out to Dallas, TX.   If you're at the faire be sure to stop by and say hello.

fairieimp

Maybe I'll get my tax refund and be able to come to faire again (Bama, I'll be visiting Crimson Chain; I NEED A LEATHER CORSET!). Hopefully I'll be able to take the boy and his dad (and maybe his mom) to faire on May 12. They'll be down for my college graduation on May 11! :D I'm SO excited about it... I have WAY too much to do until then though. Paper revision and three finals all due before May 3. :O
/gets back to work.
"A halo is just one more thing to keep clean."

I am Margaret Rennell, you can call me Meg. :)

Pat McGroin

The Bayou Scoundrels and I spent the last weekend here at faire and I might say......what a beautiful Faire you all have up here. Met alot of wonderful people, caught some shows and had some great food. I can't speak for the rest of the crew but I can't wait till next year to come back!!

Thank You GARF for a wonderful weekend.

Pat McGroin
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447