News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Time to get fired up about the 2012 season! Everyone's Favorite KCRF Act?

Started by kcdcchef, January 30, 2012, 12:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcdcchef

Allrighty, we are T-minus 7 months before the new party in Canterbury begins............so with that in mind, what is everyone looking forward to the most at faire in terms of your favorite act? What are your three favorite acts? I actually think I might have a new favorite going into 2012 too...........

Jolly Rogers - duh. Everyone lists these lovable alcoholic pirates. Best stage presence at KCRF, know how to work a crowd, encourage audience participation, and are an exceptional act.

Musical Blades - Hoping they are around all season at KCRF so they can at least net a good stage. Seeing them on Merlins Bern with all that sun sucked, but they were still awesome. Still work a crowd like no other and are so damned funny.

And my new one in 2012..........Who Doth Proclaim This Anyways by The Full Monty- if you havent seen it, GO. Funniest act in Canterbury, they are so funny. Amazing.

Can't wait for a good cool October Sunday to see the Pub Sing, and hoping chess will be back!

Butch

I really enjoyed "The Peoples Court with the Lord Mayor" every morning!  Lots of fun, and always different!

Like KCDCCHEF, The Full Monty was lots of fun!

Of course, my favorite continues to be Ogrot.  I would have liked it if they had done more audience participation this last season, but we'll see next year.

Always enjoy the Musical Blades, and always enjoy the Scallywags.

Did not like the Smoker.  I guess I'm more modest than I thought I was. 

Try to catch the Feaste of Fooles once a year.  This year it was a bit different, but I liked it alright!

Some year, I will go to the Halloween Feast.

Tamtaro

Yay!  Hello everyone!!

My favorite act is Jason Divad! 

Does the parade count as an act?  I love the parade.  I like to catch it twice by running ahead :)

I also make quite a specticle of the eating - hehe ;D

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on February 22, 2012, 10:58:18 AM
Yay!  Hello everyone!!

My favorite act is Jason Divad! 

Does the parade count as an act?  I love the parade.  I like to catch it twice by running ahead :)

I also make quite a specticle of the eating - hehe ;D

SCORE!! Tamtaro's back!!!!!

Merlin the Elder

Well, I talked with my nephew in KC the other day.  His honey is REAL excited about getting dressed up to go to faire. Not sure if she's going to talk the nephew into it before we get up there, though ... I don't expect 2012 to be our year for KCRF, but we're tentatively adding it to our 2013 calendar.  Looks like he lives about 30 minutes from the faire...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

kcdcchef

Merlin the Elder

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 22, 2012, 03:59:02 PM
Quote from: kcdcchef on February 22, 2012, 03:57:13 PM
keep me posted Merlin, would LOVE to meet you.

Should I come armed?  :P ::)

Merlin, we progress here each year. We always meet up with Butch ( this is actually were we became acquainted). This is great Faire and well worth your journey.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on February 22, 2012, 06:22:51 PM

Merlin, we progress here each year. We always meet up with Butch ( this is actually were we became acquainted). This is great Faire and well worth your journey.

you can come armed to KCRF, they do allow swords and weaponry. but require them to be peace tied at the gate.

wonderful faire. i travel 1,100 miles each October to see it. has kept the authenticity that so many other faires have lost, woodchips, very little electrical,, very accurate faire and i love it.

Tamtaro

You crack me up, Merlin!  ;D
Thanks for the welcome back kcdcchef!!  I'm so excited about the nice spring-like weather we're getting here in Missouri.  It makes me think festival can't be far off.  (190 days till KCRF!)

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on February 22, 2012, 06:22:51 PM

Gauwyn, we'll definitely coordinate with you when we are able to make the trip. This year in October, we'll be heading east for RenDezvous.  I don't know if we can swing the additional time needed to hit KCRF.  The college requires that I do spend at least some time in the office.  Some of my coworkers will be coming to Scarby in April. I'm hoping to turn them on to faire.

Tamtaro, I'm glad I crack you up. Most people just think I'm cracked. I'm not sure that a person of your tender years knows that expression, but in my younger days, being cracked is the same as being nuts... Regardless, I am dying to see that infectious smile of yours in person. It cheers me up every time I see it!

KCDC...Aren't you a band, or am I thinking of someone else....  ::)  Be careful what you wish for, KC...you might get it.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin, we are progressing to Carolina for rendezvous also. I believe Butch may also attend.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

kcdcchef

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 23, 2012, 02:00:50 PM

Gauwyn, we'll definitely coordinate with you when we are able to make the trip. This year in October, we'll be heading east for RenDezvous.  I don't know if we can swing the additional time needed to hit KCRF.  The college requires that I do spend at least some time in the office.  Some of my coworkers will be coming to Scarby in April. I'm hoping to turn them on to faire.

Tamtaro, I'm glad I crack you up. Most people just think I'm cracked. I'm not sure that a person of your tender years knows that expression, but in my younger days, being cracked is the same as being nuts... Regardless, I am dying to see that infectious smile of yours in person. It cheers me up every time I see it!

KCDC...Aren't you a band, or am I thinking of someone else....  ::)  Be careful what you wish for, KC...you might get it.

bring it on my very ancient friend! cannot wait. really would lie to meet you.

tamtaro, hate this Godawful warm weather. it should be cold and snowy from nov1-april1 so i can enjoy the ONLY thing i love more than the rennfaire, SKIING!!!!! this horrid weather is messing with ski season!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 23, 2012, 06:49:51 PM
As we say in the more agricultural areas...."Farm Out!"

Hey, I remember that. We, too, used to say farm out ( instead of far out ), then at the college I went to they had a program called Farm Operation or Farm Op, so we began to say "farm op".

Right arm!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell