News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Time to get fired up about the 2012 season! Everyone's Favorite KCRF Act?

Started by kcdcchef, January 30, 2012, 12:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

Quote from: Butch on February 24, 2012, 10:34:29 AM
The one thing I've found that the KCRF does better than most is staying in character.  The actors do not come out of the period for anything.  I feel that adds a lot to the ambiance.

Friend Butch,

You are spot on in commending the KRF cast for staying in character, regardless of circumstance or provocation.  I can tell you from experience that it is an extraordinarily difficult thing to do, and the KC cast is better at it than most other faires.  Would that the Duchess and I were as unwavering in our roles!
Just call me "Your Grace"

kcdcchef

Quote from: Norfolk on October 01, 2012, 10:26:54 PM

Friend Butch,

You are spot on in commending the KRF cast for staying in character, regardless of circumstance or provocation.  I can tell you from experience that it is an extraordinarily difficult thing to do, and the KC cast is better at it than most other faires.  Would that the Duchess and I were as unwavering in our roles!

ditto this. KCRF characters DO NOT break character. I go to faires all over the country, I think KCRF actors might be best at it. They break character all the time at other faires. PGH Renfest this season - love the faire. But many actors have no accent and just have a conversation with you about football or whatever. Great touch.