NorthEast > Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival

Visiting Pittsburgh end of Feb

(1/7) > >>

amy:
Hello there!  I am being sent to Pittsburgh for training at work starting Feb 27th through March 2nd.  Anyone have recommendations for places to eat or things I might try to squeeze in my couple off evening hours?   Anyone ever wanted to meet a fellow Rennie from Alabama!  Any M'Cracks in the area?  Let me know!
Thank you!  Amy

Rogue Hidesmith:
Sheetz is the go-to convenience store if you run into one. Always clean and the food is good. If you are able to, check out primanti brothers. They're the ones with giant pastrami-and-french-fry sandwiches

Also, the Carnegie Museums are really nice. They recently redid the entire dinosaur exhibit and it's just fantastic now.

arbcoind:
Amy where exactly are you staying in Pittsburgh?  If I know that, I can direct you to some fun things. 

Gina

amy:
Oooooo Pastriami!!!   I am a Clevelander transplanted to Alabama, so I miss a good deli!

I am going to be staying at the Sprng Hill Suites on Federal Street.  I assume that is downtown.  Thanks for the tips!

arbcoind:
Amy you will be on the "North Shore" of Pittsburgh which is home to PNC Park, Heinz Field, Stage AE and the Carnegie Science Center.  You will be a short ride (across the Allegheny River) from Downtown as well.  Will you have a car or rely on public transportation?

So what are you looking to do in the evening hours that you have?  Sightseeing?  Shopping?  Dining?  Partying?  Let me know and I can make suggestions.

Also the end of February/beginning of March is our dead of winter.  Plan on cold weather, but you already know that if you've lived in Cleveland.

Gina

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version