News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Attempting to meet more people/Meeting places

Started by Amara Deegan, February 12, 2012, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Comte de Gilbert on March 16, 2012, 08:43:41 PM
Quote from: Amara Deegan on March 16, 2012, 11:56:06 AM
Quote from: Comte de Gilbert on March 11, 2012, 09:14:21 AM
I'll be in the royal VIP lot...where the season pass holders park, I will be in my red today...I will be the guy with a French accent :P hope to see you :)

Red Hat Queen and I will be looking for you tomorrow! Thanks to Lady details Laney's pictures now we know what you look like.

I have to work tomorrow and won't be there  :(  still debating if I should brave the weather on Sunday  :-\

Brave the weather? Listen Colorado we get as cold as 45 and snow and as hot as 103 with 50% humidity added  in with 7000 feet What do you mean brave the weather
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Merlin the Elder

^_^ LOL!  We had sleet during our visit to Sherwood Forest last month... No problem at all.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

There is no such thing a bad Festival weather; just inappropriate garb. ;)
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

Thus far, that has been my experience, Baron. The visit to Scarby a couple years back on Memorial Day weekend...reached 103 (a different experience in Texas than in Colorado). That time, any garb was inappropriate, but they wouldn't let me undress for the occasion.  ::)

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 17, 2012, 03:05:02 PM
Thus far, that has been my experience, Baron. The visit to Scarby a couple years back on Memorial Day weekend...reached 103 (a different experience in Texas than in Colorado). That time, any garb was inappropriate, but they wouldn't let me undress for the occasion.  ::)

Focus, Wizard!!  You're confusing a policy issue with a garb issue!

Merlin the Elder

Well, I did have my fig leaf, but alas, it was wilted. [take it away, Baron!]

Norfolk

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 17, 2012, 05:25:23 PM
Well, I did have my fig leaf, but alas, it was wilted. [take it away, Baron!]

Nay.  Too easy.

Amara Deegan

All right, gentlemen, behave yourselves. I now have an image of nothing but a fig leaf...

I do agree with the weather appropriate garb issue. That's why my land ship usually has several more pieces and outfits to switch into based on weather!

Comte de Gilbert: Figures! The one day we look really hard for you and you literally are not there.

My sister shall be joining us this next weekend and Red Hat Queen won't be in a red hat! *gasp*

Comte de Gilbert

Well, I will be out there today, but it will be in the mundanes...alas, I do not have any garb that is appropriate for this weather, but I do need to run some errands at faire like believe it or not dropping off more fabric for another outfit.

Le Comte is way too pretty to play in the rain (read that as all of my garb is way too expensive to chance ruining in in weather like this   :P).

I will be out again next Sunday (boss won't let me have Saturday off again...day 3 I will have to miss). I will be out both days for closing weekend.

P.S. if any of you are on Facebook look me up under Scott Parker...mine will be obvious  ;) :P ;D   if you find me, you'll find a good portion of the cast and regulars from AZRF as well.
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Amara Deegan

I have sent you a friend request (I am Jenn R. Lopez)!

I will be there this Saturday and then both Saturday and Sunday closing weekend. I guess I shall have to hunt you down then.

The only thing I actually have for protection from this weather is a cloak, which I have used against the snow last year. However, it doesn't have a hood.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

So what was the weather today? I know Flagstaff got lots of snow. Seems Toki and I brought our weather south with us, and your weather back north. Good trade I say
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Comte de Gilbert

rainy cold and muddy...thankfully we decided to leave, got back on the 60 just in time to miss the hail.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

"The Metal Maiden"

Amara Deegan

Red Hat Queen and I will be there tomorrow along with my sister (Dance_Dance on these forums).

However, I got news about my step-mom last night and I'm pretty sure I made myself sick with it. I feel like my intestines are trying to do balloon animals... I may be in normal clothes as opposed to my usual pirate garb. My sister will be a fairy though, lol. Not sure what Red Hat Queen will be doing, but she told me she won't be wearing a rad hat! *gasp*

EDIT: Changes of plans... I got worse during the night so I decided (being the driver) that I can't make it today. We will try to go tomorrow.

Comte de Gilbert

Bonne chance...get better, hope to see you tomorrow  ;D