Market Square > Faire and Family

What Are The Family-Friendly Faires In Your State?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Archer:

--- Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 22, 2012, 10:29:38 AM ---While at OKRF, there was an inebriated woman who was getting a bit "friendly" with Archer and me until Archer's better half walked up and put her arm around him. It was a brilliant, and peaceful defusing of the situation by the missus. I don't know about Archer, but I was very uncomfortable, and unsure how to handle it. Isolated cases occur. It didn't alter my good opinion of OKRF at all.

--- End quote ---

The inebriated playtron was explaining that she was a new/recent divorcee and ready for some fun or instant gratification.  It was entertaining on its own to see Merlin in this situation.  It was a bit out of the blue but the unexpected is part of the fun of being in a different environment.  The location of Disneyland is well known.  I would not like to see faire becoming another Disneyland experience, at all.   

arbcoind:
I consider PRF to be "PG" and very family friendly.  There are many shows and attractions for all ages and for entire families to enjoy. 

Gina

Merlin the Elder:

--- Quote from: Archer on February 23, 2012, 09:44:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: Merlin the Elder on February 22, 2012, 10:29:38 AM ---While at OKRF, there was an inebriated woman who was getting a bit "friendly" with Archer and me until Archer's better half walked up and put her arm around him. It was a brilliant, and peaceful defusing of the situation by the missus. I don't know about Archer, but I was very uncomfortable, and unsure how to handle it. Isolated cases occur. It didn't alter my good opinion of OKRF at all.

--- End quote ---

The inebriated playtron was explaining that she was a new/recent divorcee and ready for some fun or instant gratification.  It was entertaining on its own to see Merlin in this situation.  It was a bit out of the blue but the unexpected is part of the fun of being in a different environment.  The location of Disneyland is well known.  I would not like to see faire becoming another Disneyland experience, at all.   

--- End quote ---

I don't mind the unexpected, and I do like to drink. However, I seem to lose patience when drunks get obnoxious, probably from my days managing a restaurant/bar.  I actually did not hear her explain her recent jail-break. I might have been more patient with her had I known, but with so many children around, it still really wasn't cool. 

Archer:
Agreed Merlin.   It was a timely and well executed intervention.  A damsel in distress should be able to look to a good knight or wizard for answers from time to time.   Our failure was to offer salve for the itch that she needed to have scratched.  I shall be better prepared by having a knight of single status nearby to throw in the direction of and for benefit of such damsels in distress, in the future.   :P 

Captain Teague:
They're called Squires, Milord. ;D

Or Cannon Fodder....

Or Minions, depending on what alignment you follow..... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version