News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 Nebraska Reanaissance faire

Started by Rowan MacD, January 21, 2012, 01:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Event is scaled back to the original 1 weekend this year.  Instead of the first weekend in May it will be the following weekend.

http://www.festint.com/nebfaire/index.shtml

2012 info:

12-13 May

11-6pm daily

$12.00 adults

$6.00 kids over 12

under 12 years is free!

Same location
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Butch

This is the one at the berry patch, right?  I've been to the one at the Haunted Castle (or whatever).  A soft faire, but pretty nice.  How is the Berry Farm one compared to the Haunted site?

Rowan MacD

Bellevue Berry Ranch is about a 75% hard site during the faire, there are a few (but not many) tents set up, but those are being restricted to the high end, non easy-up variety (I only saw one of those last year, being used by the face painters) to preserve the ambiance.
   Management has been adding new custom made buildings suitable for use for the Ren faire and pirate fest at a rate of 1-2 per year since the Faire moved to the Ranch, and last year added a formal Royal Box and court seating area next to the List. I think the plan is for permanent bleachers on the audience side too.   Last year they had the movable aluminum ones.   
   New stages are being added too, with plenty of seating under black walnut and oak trees.
   There is a pub and pub stage near the Pirate cove and the wrecked ship stage. Food and alcohol are available there.

No news yet on the Midwest Renaissance Festival out at Scary Acres.   Last year they had it the last weekend in May.... 
IWG wench #3139 

Butch

Rowan MacD

No prob!  Keep an eye out here for the eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa faire postings.  If someone doesn't beat me to it, I will try to get the dates and particulars up in plenty of time to allow for people who plan to attend.
  See you there!
IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

Rowan,

I've been to the MidWest Ren Faire the last two years and I see that their website is down do you know anymore about it. I'm part of the Riverssance group in Sioux City, IA and thinking of visiting the Berry Farm one this year. Several who went last year said it was a very nice faire.

Rowan MacD

Brother Gregory! 
  Greetings and well met!  You are always welcome at the Nebraska Faire, and we look forward to seeing you again.
  I have not heard anything yet about the Midwest faire dates, nor have I heard that they have canceled.   I will see what I can find out.
~Rowen

IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

I'm setting my schedule to be at the Nebraska Ren Faire this year for sure. If they still have the MidWest one then I will be at that one also.

Craigmeister

Regarding the Midwest Renfest, I talked to one of the co-owners in early November.  He said there was a chance that it would not be back this year.  Apparently, the bad economy has had an effect on the attendance.  If I hear anything concrete from him, I'll let you know.

For Renfaires to the south (KS, MO, CO, OK, AR & TX), you can locate them at www.meistersrealm.com

Godspeed to your next Renfaire!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rowan MacD

I was afraid of that. 
   I have not received any replies to emails, but that is not uncommon.
   It would be sad to see what is left of the Renaissance Faire of the Midlands (albeit just the stages and props) go away.

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Lass than 60 days away!

Entertainment updates:

Doom Tones Drummers - 3 shows daily
    Gotfried, Hurdy-Gurdy Minstrel - 3 shows daily

(partial listing, keep checking back)

Hands-On Activities:

The Three Cannoneers - shoot the mini-cannons

To be announced...
IWG wench #3139 

Lady Rosalind

I will be there with Trooping Fairies! I'm so excited!