News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fairy Crowns & Headdresses

Started by Bonny Pearl, March 11, 2012, 06:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

I didn't see any current posts about fairy headwear so I thought I'd start this one.

What type of fae headdress do you all like to wear?

This is my newest project.  I'd say it is about 95% complete.  There are a few other little things I want to add. :)

There are more detail pics on the fabrication on my Facebook page.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

EmbyrretheFae

On ebay there is a seller named KCfaery or kcfairy that makes and sells some of the most beautiful crowns I've ever had the pleasure to see and wear.  Her prices are very reasonable too :)

Embyrre
"Because I can" ;)

Bonny Pearl

I looked on ebay but nothing was listed.  This was my first attempt at something like this and I had a lot of fun making it.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

RedHatQueen

Beautiful crown and I love the color too
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

Lady Gryphon

Beautifully done Bonnie Pearl.  It's always nice wearing one of your own creations.  Then you know it's truly one of a kind.
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Bonny Pearl

Thank you ladies!  It was fun.  Starting on my wings soon.  Found all the materials in the colors I want so I am excited about that too. :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

FaeHollow

Bonny I am currently in Faery craft hell lol... also known as making wings.
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

I know what you mean!  I was not happy with my first attempt with the cello-paper.  So I am going to try a different application, just waiting for the materials to be delivered.  Was hoping I would have it this weekend, but no such luck.  So Guinny and I made gumbo and drank lots of beer instead lol! ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

FaeHollow

Well I seem to have SOME kind of system figured out if you need help lol. I'm not real sure what I do.... I don't have very transparent wings but I can get the color I am shooting for typically.
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

I ordered a material called Angelina Fiber.  It bonds like the cello does with an iron but you have more flexibility with it because it is in shredded form; so you can blend colors within the wing.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it will do what I want.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

saphire_glade

Personally I like having just a clip in hair piece. I find that it is easier for me to deal with.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

Bonny Pearl

That is very pretty.  I may make something like that for next season.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyFae

If anyone is interested in purchasing new FaeWear (such as headpieces) I HUGELY reccomend checking out Freckles Fairy Chest!  I won a contest from her and am now the proud owner of an Elven headpiece.

http://www.frecklesfairychest.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/frecklesfairychest

She is based out of Orlando and has fun and awesome stuff- Elven, Fairy, Mermaid...  You can check her out on Facebook, too.  (Sorry if this sounds spammy, I'm not trying to, I'm just really excited about her work!)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

GryffinSong

Ooh, LadyFae, her work is lovely. :)
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

Rowan MacD

I like the idea of the flowery 'vambraces' on the models' forearms.  I just like that look ...
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Rowen MacD on May 17, 2013, 03:27:29 PM
  I like the idea of the flowery 'vambraces' on the models' forearms.  I just like that look ...

I was admiring that as well.  I think I may have to try making something like that but bring it to the fingers like the slave bracelet.  I like the idea of one continuous piece for that.  Like a fingerless glove but with vines.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88