News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Castleteers -Penta

Started by kydavid, June 23, 2008, 06:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinx

Err...my veggie pizza's not going to pan out. I just realized how small my cooler really is.  O.o 

If Cara's not already supplying chocolate chip cookies, I'd be more than happy to whip up a batch...maybe half chocolate peanut butter at that.  ^.^  We can also do general snacky things...just let me know of anything that's needed.  =D
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

lordwriothsley

Okay jinx now you've got my mouth watering over the half peanut butter half choclate chip cookies your talking about making for Castleteers-Penta.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

jinx

Heehee!  Maybe I'll just make those, then.  ^.^  They're really easy, at that.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

lordwriothsley

Jinx is my new best friend now.She's gonna make the half and half cookies goooooooooooodiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeee. ;D Watch out chocolate lovers these cookies may end up stealing the show. ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

CapnFayeCutler

Lol well if we're having the Cauldron of Good Luck again, I'm bringing cornbread to eat with the stew! I don't know why I'm on such a cornbread kick right now...
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

jinx

Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Bugsy

Lady Pegos and me will probably bring more gingerbread.  I think it came out ok last time ???
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

humphrey

remember, the EARLIEST we will probably arrive at the castle is a bit after 7pm, i dont expect everyone will make it til around 8pm. the cauldren might not have tme, considering unloading, setup and then food prep.

maybe we could just order pizza? lol but, then again, my personal plan is to take advantage of the fun faire food and eat right before i leave for the rock, so i probably wont need more after that anyways :)

kydavid

The cornbread was good, the ginger bread was awesome, the company of their makers, and all the rest was the best part though.

StareNorthSteve

You realize, it will take a conscious effort to pace ourselves throughout the day in order to make it into the later hours at the castle ... in terms of food and beverage that is. (wink, wink, Cap'n Faye)
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Scotsman

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on July 25, 2008, 09:10:46 AM
You realize, it will take a conscious effort to pace ourselves throughout the day in order to make it into the later hours at the castle ... in terms of food and beverage that is. (wink, wink, Cap'n Faye)

Excellent point ... I may be there in body ... but my mind may be elsewhere. I would just like to apologise in advance for anything I might say  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

jinx

xD @ Scotsman

As for food, my friend and I rarely, if ever, eat Faire food (I fully admit that I'm a -very- picky eater xD).  We usually keep quick sandwich stuff in the car, but we also usually go out to eat in Wilmington after we leave.  If anyone else is up for that, let me know, since she and I will probably be going.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Scotsman on July 25, 2008, 09:28:13 AM
I would just like to apologise in advance for anything I might say  ;D

I would to also offer a pre-event apology for the approaching "Festivous". (well said Scotty!)
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

CapnFayeCutler

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on July 25, 2008, 09:10:46 AM

Eh heh, heh...heh.  :-[

No worries! I've vastly improved on my pacing...although now my tolerance is terribly high. To beer anyways. ;D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

Old Tinker

Quote from: humphrey on July 24, 2008, 07:11:28 PM
remember, the EARLIEST we will probably arrive at the castle is a bit after 7pm, i dont expect everyone will make it til around 8pm. the cauldren might not have tme, considering unloading, setup and then food prep.

maybe we could just order pizza? lol but, then again, my personal plan is to take advantage of the fun faire food and eat right before i leave for the rock, so i probably wont need more after that anyways :)

our good "Captain humphrey", has brought up a good point. due to a later arrival to thee "Castle" than most "Gather'ns", (a difference of 12noon -4PM  to  8-9PM). foods stuffs should all be kinda "ready to eat stuffs". now that our good "Captain" has approve'd thee light'n of thee fire pit, me's could see turkey hot dogs, summer sausage and thee like, be'n roast'd over a fire later that eve, now that's if thee has a cooler (no green hamburger or gray hot dogs allowed). of course those think'n so, should bring charcoal just in case of lack of wood.
so now me Belle and me will also post a short list of hotels, both close to OHRF and Loveland Castle. soon ;)
we shall also update thee "Calendar of Friends", for upcome'n OHRF.
take care all,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far