News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Guide to adopting a rennie ...

Started by Blushing, April 06, 2012, 06:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blushing

I thought this was amusing, I hope you enjoy!  It's a guideline for those who may be interested in adopting a rennie, but may also be useful in explaining certain conditions to friends unfamiliar with faire.

http://ryleh.7hunters.net/humor/adoption.htm
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Norfolk

I do not know, Fair Blushing, where or how you found this description, but having observed Rennies up close and personal for for the past two decades, I find it both hilarious and accurate.

PS:  The Baroness and I look VERY much forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

PPS:  For those of you who might be interested, my avatar was captured by none other than Mistress Blushing and her Magic Megapixies.

PPPS:  The Baroness and I are so anxious for Faire that we our talk over breakfast each morning consists of describing our dreams of festival the night before!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Nighthawk

Personally I find this part "...if you like your nights silent, keep in mind that Stitching Rennies are known to stay up quite late, whirring away at their machines, punctuated by occasional loud bouts of cursing." to be a little too specialized. I think it should read "Crafter Rennies" myself. I don't sew, but I have been known to stay up quite late, cursing ( after driving a beveler into my finger tip..) and plying my trade.

And to borrow from the good Barron-

PS- For those of you who might be interested, my avatar was (like the Baron's) captured by none other than Mistress Blushing and her Magic Megapixies.

Blushing

I should have responded far sooner ... but I was distracted.

Baron, I too am very very much looking forward to seeing you and the Baroness!  There is too much time in between faires...

This was actually written by a friend of a friend, from the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire.

I'm also inclined to agree with the stitcher Rennie reference ... although many of my friends are crafters as well, the ones that sew have been known to finish stitch garb just prior to cannon.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~