News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Say "Goodnight," Gracie...

Started by Merlin the Elder, April 22, 2012, 08:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

The next best things to family are friends. Your thoughtful and caring words, here, in private messages, and in emails, are all comforting and appreciated more that you know.

Just a week ago, I visited Mom and carried the beautiful portrait that Lady Gryphon had presented to us at our renewal last week. Mom was all excited and loved the portrait. I told her I would make her a copy. I thought I had a little more time. 

One of my brothers called us out Saturday evening because Mom was talking "spiritual," I think is how he put it. We got out there, and she told me she was ready. She was obviously weaker that only a few days before, but we talked, and I made her laugh a few times, and assured her that if she was ready, those of us staying behind would take care of things for her, not to worry.

Then she and her four sons held hands, and she told us to take care of each other. There was nothing more important to her than her family, and she wanted her family to get along.  For crying out loud, Mom! We're brothers! We're supposed to fight! It's in the Brothers' Handbook or something! Luckily, we're too old now to hit very hard without hurting ourselves, so Ma, you don't have to worry. We'll never fill the holes left in our hearts by the absence of you and Pappy.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

PollyPoPo

Please accept my condolences on your loss. 
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Captain Teague

And thusly go soft and sweet into that good night.

*Huggz for Merlin and Nim*
The Code is the Law...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Condolences Merlin - Our thoughts are with you.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

The Rabbi

Nothing but good thoughts and positive energy for you and yours.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

You and your family have all of our thoughts and prayers, dear friend. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

angusmacinnes

So very sorry for your loss my friend. 
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

lys1022

Condolences from Shado and I, Merlin.  Our love to you and your family.  Your Mom sounds like she was a wonderful Lady.  *HUG*
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: Lady Kett on April 24, 2012, 08:40:03 AM
Hugs, Merlin. I'm certain Miss Rosie and Pappy are getting reacquainted.
Knowing Mom, she's chewing on his arse about something, and he's rolling his eyes. What a pair!

iain robb

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 25, 2012, 08:33:03 AM
Quote from: Lady Kett on April 24, 2012, 08:40:03 AM
Hugs, Merlin. I'm certain Miss Rosie and Pappy are getting reacquainted.
Knowing Mom, she's chewing on his arse about something, and he's rolling his eyes. What a pair!

Ah, characters breed characters, don't they?

My condolences, Merlin. You're in our prayers.

Rowan MacD

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

The Rabbi

Reflecting on the time when my mother passed I could not decide should I mourn or should I rejoice? My mother was a devout Christian strong in faith combine that with my own personal beliefs and faiths then there is but a simple conclusion. Moms body was being placed in the ground She on the other hand was just making a change in her address. Mom had eight kids and you have to be some kind of Angel in order to raise that many hellions and not eat your young. Merlin the next few days will not be easy as you place Rosie in her resting place but remember to laugh as well as cry for there room for both. My thoughts and energies are with you and so is Rosie trust me my mom still lets me know when I screw up and she has been gone several years now.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

We'll be gathering in a couple hours to pay last respects and say goodbye. My sincerest thanks to all.

Archer

Be at peace today Merlin.   Transition is only a change of address as Rabbi stated. 
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Baron Frederick

Good thoughts and energy to you my friend of the realm. Thou we have spoken only on the electronic highway,I still consider you a friend..  Peace be with you!!
Baron Frederick