News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Favors for Sterlingites!

Started by Cobaltblu, June 24, 2008, 01:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobaltblu

Hi,

I made some favors and wish to offer one favor to every member of RF.com whom I meet at Sterling this year.

Since this is a historic year for Sterling I made some nice favors because I want to spread joy and happiness and positive energy.

Here are the two favors I made.  Both are pins but the "A Faire Lover" favor has a necklace loop at the top and comes on a length of waxed-cotton cord (which can be adjusted or cut shorter).

Regards,

CB
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

irish

WOW! Such lovely work!  :o
I love the "A Faire Lover" one. And the other, can you put someone's name in there? I am looking for a "Fleur'deli", however it is spelled, for MiLord Mark.
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Cobaltblu

No sorry I had a company make these exact ones for me so I can't put someone's name in there (but if you want to make a tiny plastic label and cover "Theodore" go for it).  I put my character Theodore's name in it since it is my "crest".

I had a half-brained idea of starting a "Cult of Theodore".

Regards,

CB

DacianFalx

Love it... very attractive favours...:-)
I'd be thrilled and honoured to have one to wear after-hours... :-)
Those who say a certain something cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt those doing it.

Drake Starsong

Very awesome cobalt :P, everyone will be hunting you down now!  :D
Yo ho Yo ho!

irish

Hope you wont feel funny CB and I don't want to seem like a copy cat, but I would like to, have some favors to give out, too! What a great idea to make the faire day memorable!
irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Cobaltblu

Go for it Irish.

I haven't copyrighted favor-giving:P

I am glad I have not cause with so many people going to faires I would go broke.

Regards,

CB

neidfyre

Wow, those are just stunning! 

Tygrkat

Those are lovely indeed, CB! May I ask what company you used?

It's a bit late {less than one month until Sterling opens!!!}, and the budget a bit thin to have them for this year, but I would love to have some made both as favors for Faire next season, and also {for next year} to celebrate Milord's & My wedding anniversary. As we're getting married at Sterling this summer, "A Faire to Remember" would be quite fitting  ;D

{not sure if that could fit on the favors, but it would be a sweet gesture, I think - I could send it to guests with a CD of photos from the wedding....sorry for the mini-hi-jack -I love the favors and have wedding + Faire on the brain  :P }
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Cobaltblu

I used the LapelPinSuperStore for the Theodore favor.

http://www.lapelpinsuperstore.com/

And Monterey Company for the "A Faire Lover" company.

http://www.montereycompany.com/

The Theodore favors are brass die-pressed pieces with Cloisonne Hard Enamel coloring.

The "A Faire Lover" favors are also brass die-pressed pieces but with antique silver finish on the raised sections and darker finish on the recessed sections.  It was supposed to be cast pewter but they had some issue with the lead content in the pewter so they ended up being brass die-pressed.  The difference is the die-pressed designs can have finer details.

"A Faire to Remember" should be no problem to do, especially if you decided to have a brass die-pressed design (they make a master "die" and stamp the design into brass pieces) with a particular finish (antique silver, antique gold, silver plate, gold plate, etc).  All pin companies offer free artwork so if you know what you want on the pin they can design it for you but of course if you know EXACTLY what you want (have your own design) it is always better (I.E a scanned hand sketch or image from the internet to use).

Regards,

CB

Arianwyn

Hello Cobaltblu...

I will be at Sterling on Opening Day...and would love a favor....how will I know you?

Arianwyn

Cobaltblu

IndeanaSunday

Did you design these yourself? They're fantastic! I'd love to have a "Faire Lover" piece. Would you like any monetary compensation for it?

Cobaltblu

No they are free...however (with the exception of about 10 I have/am giving away online), I am giving them hand-to-hand at Sterling to rennies who attend Sterling.

I designed the "A Faire Lover" favor completely on my own.

For the Theodore favor I bought (for my own noncommercial use) the artwork of the crest off a heraldry website.  I changed the colors on the crest, changed the name, slightly reworded the motto and added the shield shape around the crest.  I converted the image file to an adobe illustrator file and did some fine adjustments of the crest design also.

I couldn't sell the Theodore favor even if I wanted to since I don't own the crest design.  I could however sell the "A Faire Lover" favor but it's a favor and not for sale.

Regards,

CB

IndeanaSunday

Again, great job with these. You talk about all the work you did with such modesty!

I'll be looking for the Hawk Staff. When you see a girl approach you carrying a blue bottle of "Giving Serum" you'll know it's me. :-)