News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey (part I)

Started by DonaCatalina, July 13, 2012, 03:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Craigmeister

My brother-in-law told me the other day that "The Hobbit" will be told in 3 movies now instead of 2.  That should be better for generating interest in Renfaires through 2015.  Huzzah!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Craigmeister

I've been further told (by the Mrs.) that the Hobbit movies are going to include more background stories that tie into the Lord of the Rings.  Making prequels is all the rage now.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

DonaCatalina

I wonder if its background from the LOTR or background from the Silmarillion.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Hoowil

I will admit I will go and see it, all three parts, in the theatre. But I wonder why they go through the work of adding to a single book to the point where it takes 3 films, after taking so much out of the LotR books to do those movies. I'm reading The Hobbit to the kids right now, and it is such a complete, yet simple story.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

DonaCatalina

The Don's thoughts were maybe they will get the complete book in this time. But who knows?
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Craigmeister

It is odd to drag 1 book out into 3 movies.  I guess that's the rage now.  I believe that the background will all be about LoTR.

Bob of the Lake

I think you may be right, Craigmeister. I've read that they are bringing popular characters such as Legolas, who was not in The Hobbit, back for these films.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Hoowil

I've heard they might be adding in Tom Bombadil, and Goldberry, and a bunch of other characters that had parts in LotR, and in other stories.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

LadyAsh

I remember hearing the news about The Hobbit being split into three movies. Most likely, I will go to see all three parts of The Hobbit. I wonder how they will manager to put enough material into number three though. I am guessing they will use material in the appendices of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Craigmeister

Legolas inspired me to buy my first bow.  It was a piece of junk compound bow though.  A few years ago I was blessed to find a very nice longbow from Stickbow Archery at the 4 Winds Faire in Texas.

Robert Phoenix

The seventh doctor (Sylvestor McCoy) will be in it.  He will play the part of Radagast the Brown.  Ninth doctor will be the bad guy in the next Thor movie

Craigmeister

I started re-reading "The Hobbit" today.  I'm getting excited about the movie!

Bob of the Lake

Yes! I want to re-read it too but my son has my copy and he lives in another state.  :( Guess it's roadtrip time!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Hoowil

I just finished reading the Hobbit to the kiddos. Trying LotR now, but it doesn't hold their attention as well.