News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PARF Opens!

Started by Scotsman, June 26, 2008, 05:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Let the countdown begin!

* this post was initiate in the calendar section
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

lordwriothsley

Scotsman,
I can't wait brother I am so ready for the ren faire post season to begin.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

I've been to several Faires and what I like about PARF is the artistry of this Faire, very nicely, artistically done!
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Scotsman

One of the best things I like about PARF is the inexpensive shopping! I always save my money up for the times that I visit this faire.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

McGuinness

I cant wait for the gates to open up either. This should be a really great season. The shows and plotline are shaping up really well and there are lots of new shops and eating places and areas...we as a cast are still finding out new things they're chainging!

I;m just hoping our Celtic Fling doesn't get too rained out this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for a sudden change in the forecast!

neidfyre

Quote from: Scotsman on June 26, 2008, 05:47:15 AM
Let the countdown begin!

* this post was initiate in the calendar section

I'm sad I won't be at Fling this weekend (hopefully the weather will break/hold out and not rain the event out!) , but I will be performing at PARF for the month of August.

See you all soon!

~Mel/NeidFyre

neidfyre

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on June 26, 2008, 01:21:00 PM
I cant wait for the gates to open up either. This should be a really great season. The shows and plotline are shaping up really well and there are lots of new shops and eating places and areas...we as a cast are still finding out new things they're chainging!

I;m just hoping our Celtic Fling doesn't get too rained out this weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for a sudden change in the forecast!

It was such a treat to see you at VARF, and such a surprise!  I am sad I won't be at Fling (fingers crossed for better weather) but I'll see you in August for PARF!

Hugs,

~Mel/NeidFyre

lordwriothsley

Mel/Neidfyre,
I to look to seeing your at PARF. You were awesome at VARF everyone loved you and the you would entertain both in and out of faire .Colleen It will be great to see you again but this time it will take some getting used to seeing you another Southampton this time. :) There is but one request that I  have of you if you are willing and that is if Lady Mary,The Dowager Countess of Southampton would save Lord Winchester a dance or two. :) Hopefully Ivan The Terrible and even My dear lady Wife the Marchioness won't if I dance with another Lady of court.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

McGuinness

Quote from: lordwriothsley on June 26, 2008, 02:08:53 PM
There is but one request that I  have of you if you are willing and that is if Lady Mary,The Dowager Countess of Southampton would save Lord Winchester a dance or two. :) Hopefully Ivan The Terrible and even My dear lady Wife the Marchioness won't if I dance with another Lady of court.

If I'm at the Peasant Dance or somewhere else musical, I'll try to pencil you in.  ;)

lordwriothsley

That works for me Colleen. ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

sir oswyn dagworth

Parf is a great faire. They really put the extra effort into the theatrics, especially with the joust. The scenery is unlike any faire I've been too as well. Milady and I will be attnding opening day and will even have my parents in tow.
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

I got some great pix of John the Bull coming through the ring of fire at the joust last year.  That was soooo cool! 

sir oswyn dagworth

I'm wondering how they got the horses to do that without blinders.

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on July 01, 2008, 05:31:08 PM
I got some great pix of John the Bull coming through the ring of fire at the joust last year.  That was soooo cool! 
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

McGuinness

Quote from: sir oswyn dagworth on July 01, 2008, 10:17:55 PM
I'm wondering how they got the horses to do that without blinders.

They train them. A lot. All the time.

Well, that, and Vada (John's horse) is just crazy like that. Just you wait...!

I've heard you put blinders on a horse to get them out of a burning building, they tend to run in to the fire.  Yeah though, that was very cool and also the Queen's Horse going to the ground so she could easily dismount was also incredible.  I could not get a pix of that one though!