News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Construction on Rt. 72 Bridge over the PA Turnpike

Started by BubbleWright, March 27, 2012, 02:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

This could have a vast impact on the pre-season events as well as the PARF full season. Read on...

Preparations are beginning for work on the Route 72 bridge over the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Rapho Township.

Signs are going up this week alerting motorists to the start of the $1.5 million project on the bridge, which is just east of the Lebanon-Lancaster Interchange of the turnpike.

Turnpike motorists should anticipate daytime closures while the contractor places temporary concrete barriers to establish a safe work zone and install underdeck shielding.

In early April, construction will begin on the Route 72 portion of the bridge. Work will be done in stages to maintain two lanes of traffic at all times until the project is completed, sometime in November.

Read more: http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/612478_Work-to-begin-on-Route-72-bridge-over-Turnpike.html#ixzz1qLekWrZ7

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Bob of the Lake

Thanks for the heads up, BubbleWright. Yeah, depending on what they do at what time of the day, it could have a big impact. But they do say that two lanes will be open at all times and they often don't do construction work on weekends so maybe it won't be too bad.  Either way, I think I'll be planning on getting there early!

I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

McGuinness

For an update on the traffic issues for this weekend, here is an article from our local news:

http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21229414

Renaissance Faire traffic may tie up traffic on Turnpike
Lebanon Daily News staff
Updated:   08/03/2012 05:07:32 PM EDT

The 32nd season of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire opens Aug. 4 and 5 at the Mt. Hope Estate and Winery fairgrounds, a half mile south of the Turnpike's Lancaster-Lebanon exit in Rapho Township, Lancaster County. COURTESY OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RENAISSANCE FAIRE (2001 SNOWBOUND, ALL RIGHTS RESER)
Heavy traffic is anticipated this weekend for the opening of the 32nd season of the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, located a half mile south of the Turnpike's Lebanon-Lancaster exit in Rapho Township, Lancaster County.

Motorists traveling on the Turnpike should expect delays entering and exiting the toll plaza Saturdays, Sundays and Labor Day Monday for 13 weekends through Oct. 28. Motorists traveling to Hershey should use the Harrisburg East exit 247. Work on the overhead bridge that carries state Route 72 over the Turnpike will be suspended during the weekend events, but motorists will encounter new traffic patterns.

The Turnpike and Pennsylvania State Police will have increased staffing at the affected interchanges as well as boosted maintenance and safety patrols.

To avoid delays, call the Turnpike Roadway Information line, 866-976-TRIP (8747) to hear real-time Turnpike traffic alerts.

In the event of delays, detours or closures, the Turnpike will activate its variable message signs and Highway Advisory Radio System (1640 AM) to inform motorists of conditions. For emergencies, dial *11 on your mobile phone. Visit the Turnpike's travel conditions map.