News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2011 campground theives

Started by Autumn Blaize, August 10, 2012, 07:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Blaize

I was looking over the posts and saw that we are not the only clan that got robbed last year. Valhalla had a sign stolen that had the name in huge letters! We had two staffs ( one was mine with Autumn Blaize carved into the length of it), a ceremonial sword that was given as a wedding present, and a battery pack taken. There was many things with much more value that could have been taken as was not. Also they took the loki but left a full bottle of kraken and all the rest of the alcohol.
We are thinking of bringing a small uhaul trailer to pull behind that locks. I hate that it has came to this.

gaerdon

Last year we loaded up the truck in Sunday morning before we went in, we were worried something might disappear as people headed out. Got out hopped in and headed home and it wasn't till we got there thy we realized someone had actually off loaded our huge cooler from the back of the truck while we were in faire. This year I've put eyelets and a chain to the cooler and going to use it to tie it to the truck. . . Debating weather to set it to explode if u don't open it right. What Rly irritates me is if anyone had come up and asked for some alcohol would have given it to them n a heartbeat.

Alerrick Afon Adou

Thieves should be shot on site, or when caught. Some country's they cut your hand off for stealing. I wonder how much stealing would be going on if your hand was gone............Huzzah

KiltedPrivateer

Let's hope that the new improvements to the camp grounds will reduce if not eliminate the majority of this thieving.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Thieves really don't want to be caught in the PR/McShug/BS areas... bad things, man, bad things.  Accidents have been known to happen....  ;)
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Glaodian

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on August 11, 2012, 06:48:20 AM
Thieves really don't want to be caught in the PR/McShug/BS areas... bad things, man, bad things.  Accidents have been known to happen....  ;)

Agreed.   ;)
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Autumn Blaize

What gets me is that just a few years ago I never worried about this. Everyone was great and no one messed with us. Last year it just almost seemed personal. I mean does someone really think they are going to use my staff? First of all it has Autumn Blaize in huge letters down the length of it. Then my brother is the one that made it so it has his sign on it claiming it as one he crafted which is very unique. Not to mention I was the one that designed it and painted the bronze on it. Plus my tail was attached to it! IF I see my staff someone is going down.
This is one of the reasons we are not going halloween this year. It is tradition for our group but too many things keep happening that weekend.
I am hoping with all the improvements it will stop this year.

mpullen

As the Patrons Campgrounds Host, please let me know your concerns.

I mainly post replies/updates on The Fields of New Market Campgrounds Facebook page, as that seems to be the widest audience and I hate to post the same thing over several websites. Others are welcome to cross-post.

First off, by blocking vehicle access from the Faire parking lot into the Patrons campgrounds will reduce most of the "treasure collecting", as folks won't want to walk all the way up to the campgrounds from the Faire parking lot, grab stuff, and haul it down to their vehicle.

There will be other security enhancements that will obviously not be revealed.

More updates soon, as we get items completed. I will no longer discuss future projects, just things that have been completed.

Wakarimasen

Quote from: Autumn Blaize on August 11, 2012, 12:27:23 PM
What gets me is that just a few years ago I never worried about this.

I've never been a part of a "clan," so I can't help folks with elaborate setups that are a complete pain to pack up.

I can, however, commiserate with what I believe is the spirit of your reply. It's kind of like coming from a small town (where as a child you wouldn't get grounded for a month for forgetting to lock the front door) to the Big City (best leave your house armed).

The difference is that we didn't move to the Big City; it came to us...

We also didn't have to deal with ravers "back in the day..." Hmm, wait a minute...
Veritas odium parit.

az

my group the rogue society had several things stolen AHE and someone else i know had things stolen Last weekend. we never used to have to worry about it untillast year. it :( makes me sad
queen of clan Fukitol
member of Rogue Society
princess of gypsies under Queen Risa
member of clan Whimsy

Autumn Blaize

LOL AZ...I was there lol RS myself..Don't recognize your pic though. PM me who you are  ;)