News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Question about camping

Started by Autumn Blaize, August 15, 2012, 11:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Blaize

I am looking at the new campground and trying to figure out where to camp. I am wondering if the old parking lot that is now camping floods. Anyone know?
I know last year I got to camp late last closing weekend and Sat morning woke up to a river outside my tent! If anyone can tell me the places to avoid another morning of wading it would be appreciated! We used to camp right at the tree line but if we got there late it was always full.

KiltedPrivateer

I'm thinking the parking lanes are probably fairly safe as they have the trees there to soak up the water, and the ground is a bit softer.  On the old map, found in the Who What Where thread, we used to have the flood zones marked.  Looks they are not anymore, however the flood zones were from C0 to I2 where there is a natural creek bed.  There are others but I'm not aware of their exact locations.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Autumn Blaize

Yes the natural creek bed was the edge of my tent lol  ::)
Great I think we might try the new area towards the spot the BBQ guys are always at Halloween weekend (love those guys BTW) Figure that will keep us close to the other clans but not in the water lol

mpullen

Yes, that's why I suggested tents on the top side and vehicle parking down the row.