News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2012 TRF Campground rules

Started by Quickie Mart, August 29, 2012, 01:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quickie Mart

;D
After much debate and adjustments, we have a set of rules to release for camping:

Rules of the Realm for Camping Guests

Location:  The 170 acre camping area is located on the far west side of the patron parking lot, under beautiful trees and is on a first-come first-serve basis.  Entry into the campgrounds is on CR302 (the previous Deerwood Rd. entrance is no longer open). Make your turn off CR1774 by the Valero station. No reservations required. 

Follow signs and directions from the peace officer on duty.

Spaces are not marked and are not allowed to be reserved or roped off in any way.
The patron's campground is divided into two sections: Family/Quiet and Main. The Family/Quiet area is along either side of  the road from the new campgrounds entrance on CR302. The Main area is the previous Patron's campgrounds, plus the previous overflow parking area on rows 1-24. Rows 1-5 in the previous overflow parking lot are now available for Patron campgrounds campers to use for parking only, no camping, with row 1 being reserved for Handicapped parking. Row 6- 24 is available for general camping.

If arriving before the campgrounds open, please form a line along the right of the access road. Do not park along CR302, as it is a narrow county road.

Cost:  There is a $20.00 charge per vehicle per weekend to camp.  You must show the officer at the gate your ticket to the Festival to enter the campgrounds.  If you do not have a ticket to the Festival, you may purchase one from the officer on duty.                                                                The officers will accept CASH or CREDIT ONLY.

Facilities: There are flush toilets next to the main entrance next to the Quickie Mart. The Quickie Mart has two locations for drinks, snacks, ice, and other camp supplies. Porta- Potties are available throughout the campgrounds.  No electricity, or dump stations are available.   Water stations are available along the road in the Family/Quiet campgrounds. Please do not dump residue on our grounds.

Hours:  The Campground is open from 10:00 AM on Friday (Thursday on Closing weekend) and closes at Noon on Monday.  Please be packed up and departed by noon so the grounds can be cleaned for the next weekend.

Noise Restrictions:
In the Family/Quiet Campgrounds, all noise (music, generators, loud voices) shall cease at 10 PM.
In the General Campgrounds, all amplified sound shall cease at Midnight.   Prior to Midnight, all amplified sound shall be limited to 85 Db at 10 feet. Please note that generators and drumming are not "amplified".

Generators:  If you need to run a generator all night for comfort or medical reasons, please camp in the General Campgrounds and not the Family/Quiet campgrounds. Please be sensitive to your neighbors, use a quiet generator or place your generator in a sound blocking enclosure.

Fires: TRF will also allow open flame fires (BBQ or fire pit, burn barrel, etc.), open flame heating devices or liquid-fueled devices; however, individual fires must NOT be started on or in the ground. All fires must be in an ENCLOSED CONTAINER.  The large central bonfire in the main campground is the only exception. Please be extremely careful with all flames.

Pets:    NO PETS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME!

Garbage:  Dumpsters are placed next to most Porta-Potties.  You are responsible for removing your own trash.  Please do not put garbage in Porta-Potties.

Security:  The grounds are patrolled regularly by police officers.  If you need Security Assistance you can call 832-482-5651 at anytime.

Weapons:  We do not allow concealed handguns on Festival grounds.  Any swords, rapiers, edged or pointed blades worn as part of your costume MUST BE SHEATHED AND PEACE TIED.  You can secure them with leather straps or zip ties.  No unsecured weapons will be allowed into the Festival site.

ABSOLUTELY NO DIRT BIKES, ATV'S, OR GOLF CARTS ALLOWED

Bonny Pearl

Hi there,

Please assist as I want to be sure I am reading this correctly.  In the general camping area we cannot have a stereo playing at all within our camping area after midnight?  Not everyone that camps is talented with a guitar or drum...might as well say it is 'lights out' time for a lot of folks.

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

mpullen

Bonny (and everyone else with a similar question): We have long discussed the best way to eliminate the "problems". Under law, we cannot make a rule that applies to only a few, such as "no rave music allowed at any time", but allowing "country-western" music, or only blue cars allowed.

If we must make an exception to one form of amplified music "car stereos, boom boxes, etc.", then we cannot exclude the blasting noise from a heavily amplified sound system.

The 85 dB at 10 feet is our guideline. Obviously, it the music is at 89 dB and not bothering your neighbors, then you will probably get a pass. Without this guideline, the noise restrictions would only be subjective and not quantative. The first will not hold in a court of law, the second one will,

The midnight amplified noise cutoff came from input from you, the Patrons. The popular band was between 11 PM to 1 AM. Also used as input was the comments from Participants, whose campgrounds is fairly close.

Bonny Pearl

Understandable.  While I wasn't one that was personally asking for a 'cut off' time I can understand the request by others, but all of this can become a slippery slope as I am sure you are aware.  I personally was hoping the rules would be more in the lines of noise level at a certain limit and that would be it, but I know you all can't have 'sound police' at each camp checking to be sure it is within the rule.  I'd rather see y'all making sure folks are safe and not being robbed.

So this is manageable if we aren't going to get booted for having a little radio or stereo (at low enough volume) playing after midnight.  Heck it probably wouldn't be heard anyway over the drumming, generator hums and general vocal noise anyway.

Thanks
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

mpullen

Thanks for the understanding Bonny.

We (the campgrounds and TRF management team) held long debates, reaching the best balance between comfort/safety and enjoyment.

Bonny Pearl

Mike I forgot to ask; was this bit of information shared with the rave group that has the FB page promoting their event?
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

KiltedPrivateer

Quickie Mart, welcome to the forum LOL

Thanks for posting these rules ahead of time so that we can all be prepared.

Bonnie, With the size of the McLot camp, and the distance from the road, I highly doubt that any music being played will be heard outside the circle of those who are listening to it.  But if memory serves, the Bonny Pearl is lights out shortly after midnight anyway :oP
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on August 29, 2012, 07:57:05 PM
But if memory serves, the Bonny Pearl is lights out shortly after midnight anyway :oP

LMAO!  Yes that does happen but I have been known to stay up later these days. :)  There are quite a few in our group that like to sit around the fire as long as possible.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

PollyPoPo

Yeah!

I'm not the only one who can't stay up that late.

;D
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

eldatari

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on August 29, 2012, 08:39:37 PM
Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on August 29, 2012, 07:57:05 PM
But if memory serves, the Bonny Pearl is lights out shortly after midnight anyway :oP

LMAO!  Yes that does happen but I have been known to stay up later these days. :)  There are quite a few in our group that like to sit around the fire as long as possible.

I love to stay up till the wee hours!

KiltedPrivateer

I used to be a big fan of the wee hours... Now a days, it seems more important to be up early enough to get inside before the noon parade (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Some people like to use the Cannon as an alarm clock... I like to use it as a signal to charge the Queen's Pantry for a fresh Scotch Egg...  :)

*best damn hangover cure ever!*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Quickie Mart on August 29, 2012, 01:42:36 PM

;D
After much debate and adjustments, we have a set of rules to release for camping:

Rules of the Realm for Camping Guests

ABSOLUTELY NO DIRT BIKES, ATV'S, OR GOLF CARTS ALLOWED

Oh Good, StudMuffin is still allowed.  Not that he does much in the campground anyway.

Personally I like to get to the gate well before cannon.  Which usually forces an early bedtime.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Hector_

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on August 30, 2012, 06:27:55 AM
I used to be a big fan of the wee hours... Now a days, it seems more important to be up early enough to get inside before the noon parade (o:

I concur.  Right after the cannon, some cheese cake and an ale from Brigadoon Brewery is a breakfast fit for kings!!

PollyPoPo

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on August 29, 2012, 06:21:01 PM
Mike I forgot to ask; was this bit of information shared with the rave group that has the FB page promoting their event?

I was wondering that, too.

Also, is management interested in website information about other (possibly) groups that are posting plans about raving at TRF this year? 

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)